`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone besides...

Did anyone besides...
... Ashley & myself go to the Nationals in Baltimore? I will be posting this weekend my 20 box breaks of BSB and 1 break of UM11. Also will post my p/u's of some great cards. Randi I found plenty of Halak cards but left them behind since you have them all. Just kidding I picked up a parallel I think you do not have.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

RE: Did anyone besides...
Big Grin SWEET! I can't wait to see what you have in store! Thanks for another great look out. I have not heard of anyone else attending (Craig was going to, but work intervened) the show, but hopefully there will be some more collectors coming forward. Thanks again, Mark!!!

Randi

I did not attend (because it is across the country for me). But, I have purchased 3 Hextall cards. Let me know if you come across any more.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

show and tell ............. hurry up already.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I didn't get there myself but I am part of that BTP GB with Don that I think he is doing today.

Can't wait to see what you got.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(08-03-2012, 08:30 PM)mq13 Wrote: ... Ashley & myself go to the Nationals in Baltimore?
I went, first time I've gone to a show like this (for trading cards, anyway...), I live about 20 minutes drive from downtown Baltimore. Had a great time.

Broke two boxes of Rookie Anthology, which were eligible for Panini's wrapper redemptions. Here are the highlights from the boxes... (nothing like a sticker auto, check out the Pinnacle auto card.... the sticker is actually clear, they just stuck a white box in the middle of the card!) Also got redemptions for Palushaj and Smith-Pelly auto/GU cards.

[Image: NationalShow_0002.jpg]
[Image: NationalShow_0003.jpg]

Here are the highlights on the wrapper redemptions (I got some football & baseball cards also, that I don't collect, was able to sell a couple of them and traded most of the rest...)

[Image: NationalShow_0001.jpg]

Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

I didn't go.. I'm actually going to be in Baltimore late tomorrow... for about a week. Had the National been this week and/or I didn't have this vaca, I would've been there.

Since you guys (Mark & Ashley) both have seen many of my maildays, would you think it would be worth the trip out to Chicago ('13) or Cleveland ('14) to try and find some 90's stuff to knock off my wantlist?
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(08-06-2012, 06:46 AM)phildo37 Wrote: would you think it would be worth the trip out to Chicago ('13) or Cleveland ('14) to try and find some 90's stuff to knock off my wantlist?
I'd say yes, if you have the patience to sort through the quarter and dollar boxes that the various dealers brought. I picked up a small stack of the Superstar Showdown inserts from the 96-97 UD set, some earlier MVP inserts, some of the gold-bordered cards from 92-93 Bowman (OK, they're not inserts...), some UD Choice Starquests, Parkhurst Cherry Picks, etc. I was only there one day, but if I'd had the time to sit down at each booth with an actual want list, I'd have needed a cart to carry away all that I'd have bought....
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Good to know! Thanks!

I'm down to really only needing parallels, super rate inserts, and a maybe less than 100 low/mid dollar inserts, and tons of Classic/Images/Signature Rookies cards.

May try and make the trip to Chicago or Cleveland, then. Wish it was back at B-More next year... that would be super easy to get to
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(08-06-2012, 06:46 AM)phildo37 Wrote: I didn't go.. I'm actually going to be in Baltimore late tomorrow... for about a week. Had the National been this week and/or I didn't have this vaca, I would've been there.

Since you guys (Mark & Ashley) both have seen many of my maildays, would you think it would be worth the trip out to Chicago ('13) or Cleveland ('14) to try and find some 90's stuff to knock off my wantlist?
I really did not walk the floor as much as I wanted too. Got too busy yapping with all the people at ITG and members from various boards. It was huge and I would say at least twice the size of the Expo's in Toronto. But I think you would be better served going to the expo whereas they are 85% Hockey and 15% all others. Where the National is more Baseball & Football. You had to find the hockey dealers and they mostly had GU'd & Autos more than the inserts from what I saw.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia