`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Pickups

RE: National Pickups
(08-15-2012, 09:40 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: Panini had a pack redemption program. The Box you purchased and opened would determined the amount of redemption packs you would receive. I picked up a box of 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball = 5 redemption packs.
hlc did you buy out Panini at the National, lol. Great pickup on the Kobe auto. One thing I can say about Panini is that they will add autos and jerseys of players that you usually don't have on your radar... I don't know if that's good or bad, lol. Is the Kobe on card or is it a sticker? It looks like it could be a sticker but the auto is off the placement area.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(08-16-2012, 10:08 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: hlc did you buy out Panini at the National, lol. Great pickup on the Kobe auto. One thing I can say about Panini is that they will add autos and jerseys of players that you usually don't have on your radar... I don't know if that's good or bad, lol. Is the Kobe on card or is it a sticker? It looks like it could be a sticker but the auto is off the placement area.
No, I did not buy out Panini. As a matter of fact, I think this basketball box was the only Panini purchased. I was interested with participating in the various redemption programs & free stuff.

The Kobe is an on card autograph.

The Elusive autograph set is one that is made up of autographs that are not commonly found.

Topps Mini will be a Internet only product. Topps had a limited number of boxes for sale at the National. With the purchase of a box they gave a special 5 card National Issue mini set.

Here are the goods from the Topps Mini. Each box has 1 AU or relic.
My hit was a Matt Cain Jsy, I also got a Joe Benson Gold RC #54/61, and 22 other RC's including the Harper that I have in a Top-loader.

The 5 card National exclusive set includes....Yu Darvish RC, Bryce Harper RC, Stephen Strasburg, Roy Halladay & Matt Kemp.

Box Hits
[Image: 2011-12ToppsMiniBreakA.jpg]

5 Card National Set
[Image: 2011-12ToppsMiniBreakSpecialSetA.jpg]

(08-16-2012, 10:24 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: Topps Mini will be a Internet only product. Topps had a limited number of boxes for sale at the National. With the purchase of a box they gave a special 5 card National Issue mini set.

Here are the goods from the Topps Mini. Each box has 1 AU or relic.
My hit was a Matt Cain Jsy, I also got a Joe Benson Gold RC #54/61, and 22 other RC's including the Harper that I have in a Top-loader.

The 5 card National exclusive set includes....Yu Darvish RC, Bryce Harper RC, Stephen Strasburg, Roy Halladay & Matt Kemp.
hlc, do you mainly collect baseball or a little bit over everything? Great pickups.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(08-17-2012, 11:22 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: hlc, do you mainly collect baseball or a little bit over everything? Great pickups.
I mainly collect basketball, but I'm not a big fan of the Panini basketball products. National Treasures, the one product I liked was not produced this past season. I tried the Preferred this year....to me it failed.

At the national most bonus packs & promos were mixed sports. Baseball products offered more National exclusive cards.

I collect some baseball, not much. Just a few particular rookies...now focusing on certain 1948 & 1949 players. I plan to keep the National exclusive baseball/mixed sports sets, and a few of the top RC's, the others will probably be sold.

I collect items that relate to my collection, such as special tickets, limited Event/Topic magazines, promotional sets/cards and freebee's. I have fun with it.

I do sell items on ebay that I need to move in order to upgrade my sports & nonsport collection's or to explore a new interest.