`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Okay okay - who here was big time pre- Beta?

RE: Okay okay - who here was big time pre- Beta?
I got here during beta, not sure how long after it started. I do remember members talking about how tons of people left because of beta. There were a few of the late night conversations still happening when I started.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I wondered the same thing Howard.

I was here pre-beta with 2,000+ posts and over 100 trade references (old school wordpad days lol).. That beta site was so bad I had honestly contemplated quitting the hobby, not just the site as many great former members did (in no way a shot at any of the great ones we have now) because my means of trades and sharing the love of our hobby turned from gold to crap literally over night. Luckily I stuck around because this site as a whole, from people to features, has come a long ways from the beta. Only downfall nowadays is I rarely trade as I find the organizer extremely tedious and bland (I like pretty pictures lol) plus being referred to as a "noob" trader or questioned on my lack of trades here gets old quick.. Oh and the basketball boards never recovered from the site change, also a downer..

I like the new site

how long has it been like this?

also love your taylor sig

Ps. Halldogg was the man! Still grateful for the only nonbordered plate I'll be keeping in my pc he got auto'd for me!!

(07-30-2012, 10:03 PM)208963 Wrote: I like the new site

how long has it been like this?

also love your taylor sig
Thanks man, my babies lol.. I wanna say a couple of years now but they change bits and pieces periodically on here and are always looking to "upgrade" certain things..

was the old site really that bad?
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Maybe i should have checked out the boards sometime ago instead of just using the population reports

(07-30-2012, 10:08 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: was the old site really that bad?
The old old site was fine. Although all these monster sigs would have gotten people banned. Smile Then it went beta thats when it was bad. Seems fine now. "MYBB" is a great service ot use for a card forum

Krayzie. I talk to halldog all the time on FB. He is doing great! He is still in the Air Force
[Image: 79b83b2e-e3bb-48c7-87c3-8a47719855bc.jpg]

yes the OLD beckett was awesome

easy to navigate

great people

easy to trade on

but when it went beta

(hangs head in shame)
krayzie i just looked at your taylor pc

wow!!!!

my personal favorite is the 03 alma matters jersey cards

granted i am a bit biased to the orange and blue

(07-30-2012, 10:13 PM)wheeler281 Wrote: The old old site was fine. Although all these monster sigs would have gotten people banned. Smile Then it went beta thats when it was bad. Seems fine now. "MYBB" is a great service ot use for a card forum

Krayzie. I talk to halldog all the time on FB. He is doing great! He is still in the Air Force
Happy to hear he's doing well! He still pc'ing Marcedes Lewis, or in the card game at all? Love the revolving sig btw, Holmes and Steelers pc crazy as ever!
(07-30-2012, 10:16 PM)208963 Wrote: yes the OLD beckett was awesome

easy to navigate

great people

easy to trade on

but when it went beta

(hangs head in shame)
krayzie i just looked at your taylor pc

wow!!!!

my personal favorite is the 03 alma matters jersey cards

granted i am a bit biased to the orange and blue
Thanks for the kind words, big fan of the college patches myself! Have a few more copies of that card I need to scan floating around with a ton of other Taylors somewhere.. One day lol