`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird box of Rookie Anthology

Weird box of Rookie Anthology
Bought a box of this today... I was really disappointed in the bonus pack card which was just a crown Royale rookie auto. I thought all the bonus pack cards were suppose to be low seriel numbered cards? Guess I was wrong.

Anyway the weird part of the box. Opened one pack and pulled a Rookie Treasure Peter Holland dual jersey #/499 card. Then the next pack I opened was a Rookie Treasure Peter Holland dual pacth #/15 card... What are the odds of that?? I thought there was only suppose to be 1 rookie treasure per box, let alone 2, let alone 2 of the same player haha. Rest of the box wasnt anything special... It was still nice pulling 2 RT's in one box even tho Peter Holland is nothing special... Man I woulda crapped myself if it was 2 Hopkins or 2 Landeskogs in this box!!

Anyway, so was this just a botched packing job by the manufacture or do some boxes actually have more then one rookie treasure in them?
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Weird box of Rookie Anthology
I'd be interested in the Holland patch!
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(07-28-2012, 05:20 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Bought a box of this today... I was really disappointed in the bonus pack card which was just a crown Royale rookie auto. I thought all the bonus pack cards were suppose to be low seriel numbered cards? Guess I was wrong.

Anyway the weird part of the box. Opened one pack and pulled a Rookie Treasure Peter Holland dual jersey #/499 card. Then the next pack I opened was a Rookie Treasure Peter Holland dual pacth #/15 card... What are the odds of that?? I thought there was only suppose to be 1 rookie treasure per box, let alone 2, let alone 2 of the same player haha. Rest of the box wasnt anything special... It was still nice pulling 2 RT's in one box even tho Peter Holland is nothing special... Man I woulda crapped myself if it was 2 Hopkins or 2 Landeskogs in this box!!

Anyway, so was this just a botched packing job by the manufacture or do some boxes actually have more then one rookie treasure in them?
Every box is supposed to have Rookie Treasure /499.

The Rookie Treasures /199 and /15 are parallel versions, and do not count as Rookie Treasures since they are not true rookies. They are bonus hits.
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

(07-29-2012, 12:21 AM)adamslogik Wrote: Every box is supposed to have Rookie Treasure /499.

The Rookie Treasures /199 and /15 are parallel versions, and do not count as Rookie Treasures since they are not true rookies. They are bonus hits.
Thanks for the info

Not weird at all. I got used to a certain pattern (bonus pack = double mem or short print jersey auto rc, rt card, dbl jersey card, etc etc).

My last box:

3 TOTAL crown royale autos, including the thin pack topper. (2 sabres and a bluejacket)
RT /499 zac rinaldo (flyers)
RT /15 sean couturier (flyers)

For 5 total autos. I didn't complain. Sucks that you got the same guy. But my box was a Philly and Buffalo special.

a few good hits

and good to know the info about the bonus hits
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

nice hits
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(07-29-2012, 04:56 PM)kurtanglerookieyear Wrote: Not weird at all. I got used to a certain pattern (bonus pack = double mem or short print jersey auto rc, rt card, dbl jersey card, etc etc).

My last box:

3 TOTAL crown royale autos, including the thin pack topper. (2 sabres and a bluejacket)
RT /499 zac rinaldo (flyers)
RT /15 sean couturier (flyers)

For 5 total autos. I didn't complain. Sucks that you got the same guy. But my box was a Philly and Buffalo special.
Would have loved to hit that Couturier #/15... Ive become a fan of him based sorely on the fact that ive pulled some many Couturier jersey & auto cards this year...

(07-28-2012, 05:20 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Bought a box of this today... I was really disappointed in the bonus pack card which was just a crown Royale rookie auto. I thought all the bonus pack cards were suppose to be low seriel numbered cards? Guess I was wrong.

I had a box of Certified that had a Eberle / Hall Shirt off my back dual jersey and a second pack contained the patch version. I thought it was odd, but with those cards I was pretty happy.

Thanks,
Nathan

(07-28-2012, 05:20 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: I thought all the bonus pack cards were suppose to be low seriel numbered cards?
I've broken 3 boxes and all the bonus packs had Stick & Jersey cards - Curtis Joseph, Saku Koivu and Ryan Callahan, none were serial numbered.... except for getting 3 redemptions in three boxes, I'm pretty happy with the product.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby