`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two "Hot" Boxes of 2012 Inception

Two "Hot" Boxes of 2012 Inception
OK, so I didn't actually buy two boxes. I had an incredible, UNDENIABLE URGE to buy a couple of boxes, but I was able to convince myself not to. Why? Because I wanted to perform an experiment instead.

I found the cheapest boxes of Inception I could find...$85 per box on eBay. Added that together and got $170. I decided to see how many great Inception cards I could buy for $170.

Aside from my Kendall Wright, I stuck to one simple rule: Find the nicest QB or RB patch autos or low serial numbered autos and put in some low snipes on them.

At one point I had well over $350 in snipes, but as I predicted, the vast majority of my snipes did not win. After two full weeks of doing this, though, I had won about $120 worth of snipes and was extremely excited about the cards I had won. With my last $50 bucks I threw a couple bids out there on some nice QB cards and eventually won a beautiful (albeit chipped) Weeden patch auto /25.

Why Weeden? No reason. Just figure QBs have the most upside...that and the fact that the RGIII version of that card sold for $380.

I am proud to present the result of my two CUSTOM boxes of 2012 Inception. I'm pretty happy with the results and am glad I was able to hold off on buying the two boxes...after all, I prefer autographs to base and mems. Thoughts?

[Image: Inception_Wilson4002.jpg][Image: Inception_Weedenpatch400.jpg]

[Image: Inception_WrightSilver400.jpg][Image: InceptionWilson4001.jpg]

[Image: Inception_Weeden400.jpg]

[Image: Inception_Experiment.jpg]
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

RE: Two "Hot" Boxes of 2012 Inception
I'd say that's the way to do it!! most likely much better than if you had bought 2 boxes. I like it!!! Nice p/u's!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

Wait, let me see if I get this right ... buying singles on eBay is a safer and cheaper bet than gambling on boxes?

Holy cow, who would have thought? LOL

Nice pickups by the way.

i'd still buy boxes. i love the joy and despair of box breaking. plus you never know when an rg3 or luck will pop up.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

That's kinda my mentality most of the time too. Think to myself..."How many Sconnie autos can I get for what a box would cost me?" lol. Nice stuff!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection
Smile 
(07-26-2012, 07:58 PM)robsvideos Wrote: i'd still buy boxes. i love the joy and despair of box breaking. plus you never know when an rg3 or luck will pop up.
This is exactly why I also bust boxes. I can't afford a superstar RC 1/1 auto... SO my only shot is to bust some wax and hope for mojo.
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

Singles are the way to go, but sometimes that box itch is just too much! LOL

Good job grabbing some nice ones. Really a big fan of the silver inks this year.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I'm just not a fan of Inception this year for two reasons: 1) the chipping still kills me. At $105 and only 7 cards, you would figure they would find a way to increase quality control and 2) not a fan of the "drawing" photography on em'.

No brainer
Insert Banner.

Your experiment is flawed. You overspent by $.09.
Smile
Where have I seen that image on the Kendall Wright before? I swear it is similar to some othe Panini set - some cut auto set or something.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]