Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ichiro to the Yankees

RE: Ichiro to the Yankees
2012 Topps Update Ichiro Yankees Jersey Swatch
(Redemption)

(07-23-2012, 05:51 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: I just puked. Another player that I like...now I can't like anymore
Don't be a hater.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

this was an AWESOME trade - 7 years ago

(07-23-2012, 07:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this was an AWESOME trade - 7 years ago

Still a great trade now. Didn't give up any top prospects. only owes 2.2 mil for rest of the year. and he is still a + defender. whats the worst the yankees could get out of this. a decent outfield with 10 gold gloves and a 8 hitter. whats not to love

(07-23-2012, 07:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: this was an AWESOME trade - 7 years ago
LOL...my thoughts exactly. Guy can't run, hit or throw anymore. I'm not a hater, just a realist. Hope the Yanks & Mariners both make out....GO PHILS!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-23-2012, 07:46 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Still a great trade now. Didn't give up any top prospects. only owes 2.2 mil for rest of the year. and he is still a + defender. whats the worst the yankees could get out of this. a decent outfield with 10 gold gloves and a 8 hitter. whats not to love
he is a .262 hitter with no power, loss of range, and only a slightly above average arm now

yes, you didnt get rid of anything. no, it wont cost you much.

but i dont think it really helps the yanks that much either

he is a hell of an inspirational speaker though (ask any AL all-star in the past decade)

ICHIROO!!!!!!!

(07-23-2012, 05:22 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: He better not take #51, that's Bernie's #, a true Yankee.....
I love what he said. I dont know if you have seen because I havent seen the entire thread but

"No. 51 is a special number to me but when i think about what 51 means to the Yankees, its hard for me to ask for that number"

-Class act.. class friggen act

so excited.

#WINNING!
Also reading the other posts... Ichiro will now thrive in New York. he still had 40 stolen bases and even with a dropped average he is still going to get a lot of hits
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

as a member of Red Sox Nation I would just like to say,

NoooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

So I'm predicting:

2012 Topps Update #651B will be worth $500 and very hard to pull
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(07-23-2012, 08:36 PM)stera8 Wrote: ICHIROO!!!!!!!

I love what he said. I dont know if you have seen because I havent seen the entire thread but

"No. 51 is a special number to me but when i think about what 51 means to the Yankees, its hard for me to ask for that number"

-Class act.. class friggen act

so excited.

#WINNING!
Also reading the other posts... Ichiro will now thrive in New York. he still had 40 stolen bases and even with a dropped average he is still going to get a lot of hits
Yea I did see that. 100% agree, class act. You have to respect the history.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket