`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife and cards?

RE: Wife and cards?
(07-22-2012, 10:53 AM)charps Wrote: My girlfriend is still pushing me to get rid of all my stuff, letting me keep my vikings stuff. Its lame.
Don't let her do it!!! Lol

I can answer this one because of my Dad... He wanted a Randy Moss/ Tom Brady dual auto more than ANYTHING... I brokered a deal to get him a Bowman Sterling BGS 8.5 at $250... He couldn't justify it in his mind for a day or two... He was buying $50-100 cards all the time, but never shelled out $250 for ONE card, even though it was his dream card AND a great price. It drove me crazy. My mom and I finally convinced him, why spend $85 each for 3 cards you kind of like when you can buy the card you have been dying for before it was even made?
Some people just HATE seeing so much money tossed at one card.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

My wife supports my hobby. She doesnt even blink when i spend $1000's on a case. Only thing she doesnt understand is why i get rid of nicer cards. It helps letting her run wild at tiffany's and the coach store. Lol.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Yeah my wife and cards don't really add up either. She's okay with it sometimes, but if we get into an argument, she brings it up every time. So I have cut my spending by quite a bit which is a good thing. But I won't stop buying them, it's my hobby and my choice. You just have to have a master plan of funneling unseen money into a different bank account she doesn't know about. Then have that account linked to PayPal. Then you can buy all you want as long as you get to the mailbox before she does. And if you don't, you can just say its a card you traded for lol.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Haha I go through this ll the time. If I buy a single for $200 she will be furious! But if I spend that same amount on a couple boxes...no problem. The logic confuses me but oh well. She is getting into cards a little, has a marino pc, but hates how much money I spend on them. Hey everyone has to have a hobby right? I don't knock her when she blows $100 or more on makeup LMAO!

nthnoak: I'm guilty of the same thing my man lol.

adb: Same thing happened to me when she found the button that calculates the total value of a collection in the org. Good thing 1/1s and low ser# aren't included or I might come home from work one day and find my cards sold!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

My wife is OK with me buying cheaper singles and trading whatever but prefers I buy boxes so she can help break them. Besides I wouldn't spend $250 for a card I would trade for it with cards I pull. Call me cheap but others get the $250 that I pulled and I get the players I want.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

(07-22-2012, 01:01 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Yeah my wife and cards don't really add up either. She's okay with it sometimes, but if we get into an argument, she brings it up every time. So I have cut my spending by quite a bit which is a good thing. But I won't stop buying them, it's my hobby and my choice. You just have to have a master plan of funneling unseen money into a different bank account she doesn't know about. Then have that account linked to PayPal. Then you can buy all you want as long as you get to the mailbox before she does. And if you don't, you can just say its a card you traded for lol.
+1, lol. 007 at work. I've done the exact same thing. The only problem you have now is trying to hide all of your pick ups. Women always notice little things. My wife can sense when I've added a few extra cards. Face it they are too smart. We will never win in this battle.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Lol my wife had a gasket when she found out how much I spend at the LCS when I go. I showed her my completed listings on eBay and we have been fine since then with cards lol. She doesn't do cards with me and my son, but she loves sports, so she's a keeper. Smile especially being a braves fan and bucs fan to.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-22-2012, 11:05 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: my wife once snapped my game used autographed fred mcgriff bat in half, after getting in an argument with her about her shoe collection (this was over 10 years ago when we were dating)

half irish, half portuguese, all temper

if you are wondering why i stayed with her after that? she loves sports as much as i do (even if she is a celtics fan), she's an incredible cook, she's smart, and well...she's wicked hot (im completely punching above my weight)

im dumb, but i aint smart stupid
I hope you cut one of her favorite shoes in half to show what the card meant to you.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

Any wayall you guys look at it, you are all lucky. My wife is never around.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/