`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do with a collection ?????????

What do you do with a collection ?????????
Has anyone ever been asked what are you going to do with all those cards when you die? The answer is , nothing because I'll be dead! It does bring up the question though , when and what do you do with your collection as you get older or sick. Had a close friend die and his spouse has the cards and doesn't know anything about the cards. I can advise her but he should of had a plan when he got sick. It got me thinking that could be me someday.
I love collecting and feel like a kid whenever I look at the cards ,go to a show ,or talk about them. However when do you stop and sell them off?
Photobucket

RE: What do you do with a collection ?????????
you can alway make a journal an keep good records si if an when something does happen .... your spouse has a clue as to what you have..... protecting your investments nd maximizing what they will get if they have to sell it of...or even a small amount of education will go a long way.......

I had this sort of conversation with my wife a few days ago! and even though she has NOOOO interest in my cards and other collectables .... she is willing to sit down with me and go over some key points and how to not get screwed if the unmentionable happens !

my only concern is that when she finds out what some things are worth she's gonna nag me to sell em Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Bury me with mine. Too selfish to let someone else have them LOL
Insert Banner.

I have a few people I know whos wives have my contact info and I willbe selling their collection for their families when they go
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

My wife knows that i keep all my cards in my org. So she can look in there for guidance.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(07-22-2012, 12:54 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I have a few people I know whos wives have my contact info and I willbe selling their collection for their families when they go
I think I remember you saying you have a store. Is that right? So will you buy it from the wife or just pick out the best and sell it for her for a fee in the store or online? Everyone has way to many commons that really can't be moved easily. Are those cards then donated to Goodwill etc? Think I should put this in my trust should something happen to me.
Photobucket

(07-22-2012, 01:26 PM)sparty78 Wrote: I think I remember you saying you have a store. Is that right? So will you buy it from the wife or just pick out the best and sell it for her for a fee in the store or online? Everyone has way to many commons that really can't be moved easily. Are those cards then donated to Goodwill etc? Think I should put this in my trust should something happen to me.
I will sell the stuff worth anything. And the cheap stuff Ill donate to local kids who collect.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(07-22-2012, 10:11 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: you can alway make a journal an keep good records si if an when something does happen .... your spouse has a clue as to what you have..... protecting your investments nd maximizing what they will get if they have to sell it of...or even a small amount of education will go a long way.......

I had this sort of conversation with my wife a few days ago! and even though she has NOOOO interest in my cards and other collectables .... she is willing to sit down with me and go over some key points and how to not get screwed if the unmentionable happens !

my only concern is that when she finds out what some things are worth she's gonna nag me to sell em Smile
I do exactly that my man. I have a binder that has every Elway card I have along with the bv. I printed the entire elway checklist up to 2009 and just each year to it as I go. When I pick up a new card I add a check mark to the list. I have a will of sorts written up giving all my cards to my son. I'm only 30 so not looking to check out anytime soon but you never know. Also do this because you can't count on beckett to keep your stuff. What if the system crashes, gets hacked, ect and everything in your org is lost?
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

My son will get it all if the unmentionable happens. He collects with me now so he has a very good idea of values (probably more than me lol).
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]