`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else sick of pack searchers?

Anyone else sick of pack searchers?
I dont know about you guys but im getting real sick of going to walmart to get groceries and stuff and grabbing a single pack of cards to tide you over for a day or 2 and seeing all the single packs with finger imprints where they separated the cards to see if there is a sticker on the card, theres many other things that get to me too but that is the biggest thing for me. These people ruin collecting for kids that beg mom to buy them a pack of card and they get crap. Id hate to say it but these people are going to ruin the hobby. Kids arent going to want to collect cards. Ive seen people at target with scales as well. The closest card store to me is 45 minutes away which im sure many of you can relate to so we are kinda stuck buying retail. Card companies need to invest a few more pennies into there packaging and make it so these people cant search packs. Its makes stated odds obsolete because there are any autographs to pull. I hope some of you searchers read this. Get a life!!!!

RE: Anyone else sick of pack searchers?
I totally agree with you, I work at Target and see it all the time. What bothers me most is my bosses won't let me chase them away. It bothers me so much that I won't even talk to these guys when they come to buy the packs. there are people that are going to disagree mainly because they can afford to buy hobby and don't buy retail. back when Upper deck first came out you couldn't see inside the packs, they need to make similar packaging today.

really? a scale? thats strange... i never understood pack feeling.

whenever I look for a pack i use my xray vision haha but seriously i always choose the second from the bottom.

it is annoying with pack feelers...i remember over 10 years ago when they started putting fillers in the packs to try to get rid of feelers. It's why I hate buying anything but a blaster from walmart/target
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

this isnt what is "ruining collecting for kids," kids dont care...thats what is ruining it... jersey, auto, base...it doesnt matter. the "future" collectors dont seem to be there...

I went to a Wal-Mart and all the Bowman were open. Guess whoever did it wasn't a very good pack searcher, lol. All seriousness though I do feel your frustration and be careful with blasters. Make sure they still have the factory shrink wrap around them. I heard feelers are buying them, opening them up, resealing them, then take them back to get their money back once they get what they want. That to me is stealing and should be punishable by law.

(07-18-2012, 01:54 PM)shotsavereboundscore Wrote: this isnt what is "ruining collecting for kids," kids dont care...thats what is ruining it... jersey, auto, base...it doesnt matter. the "future" collectors dont seem to be there...
I agree...I see more kids on the card aisle looking at the Pokemon, or Magic, or Justin Bieber, or mr/mrspopular-cards rather than baseball, football, basketball, and hockey. Luckily the LCS is a little better: owner always stocks affordable packs (and even blaster boxes) has promos: free cards for good grades, etc...

I was lucky growing up and the LCS was in the same shopping center as Hobby Lobby...not only could I avoid Hobby Lobby with mom, but I could go to the Card Shop instead!!!!

I remember when I was growing up collecting I was mainly interested in getting as many cards as I could of star players, didn't matter what they were. Sure, I would have loved to pull jersey, bat, or autographed cards, but just getting cards was exciting enough.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I honestly don't care about packsearchers. It's when they steal the packs, THAT'S what bugs me.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

ah 1992 Topps at a store named oddjob.... that is when i first got into collecting.. good times
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!