`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Is The Deal.....

RE: What Is The Deal.....
I have several dislikes on here, so here we go...

I hate when people make you wait. When someone has a trade thread and you send an offer and it sits for 4-5 days without as much as even a response. Or someone asks you to check them for something, then you send an offer and wait and wait. Then they cancel and say they're not interested. WTH, you said to check you for something and now you're not interested? What's that about.

This has already been stated, but I also hate when someone wants something higher end and all they have to offer is low-end stuff. I mean, you want an auto, you better have autos to give up. I am not trading autos and mem cards for base cards.

I am just really tired of beckett in general. It's not anything the site or the people have done themselves. I am just tired of it being so slow (it takes so much time to add to ORG and look through people's trade pages), costing so much (got to have a subscription for this or for that and before long it will probably cost to even trade), fewer and fewer traders around (whether it's scumbags that have been banned or just people that don't to pay for things or take time to go through so much effort and work to trade).

I have contemplated getting out of the business on several occassions. But each time, I just focus my collecting on something else. Now I am thinking about throwing everything except my Rangers PC and Tyrell Jenkins PC into a closet or onto ebay and starting over by collecting just vintage and my 2 PCs.

Sorry about the long rant.

(07-18-2012, 07:42 AM)carolinahuey Wrote: Oh and just because I mention that I collect Chipper and Jeter doesn't mean that I'm going to sell my soul to the devil to get their cards. If the deal doesn't work for me, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DECLINE IT.
AMEN to this!!!! I don't trade on this site anymore, but I have gotten outrageous offers from people offering low-end game-used or inserts of my PC guys and wanting $70-80 autos in return.

Then there's the people who wont let go...they send an offer, I decline, one more offer...declined...but, but but you said you collect____...

(07-18-2012, 12:26 PM)jasonmj Wrote: I HATE THE ORG!!!!!!!!

I don't have time to go through sort my cards make lists of them scan them and then load 1000s of cards into it.

Then there is the trading. Many times (in the past) the org would leave a card up there and when I tried to take it off it would say it was still for trade.
I have had this complaint about the org leaving cards in there--had cards left in there that I had deleted, but I realize if I spent more time with it I could probably become more organize-savvy.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Had this happen today, if you send cards to the Trash, MAKE SURE they have a ZERO in the HAVE/TRADE columns, if not they will still show up FT.

(07-18-2012, 02:38 PM)carolinahuey Wrote: Had this happen today, if you send cards to the Trash, MAKE SURE they have a ZERO in the HAVE/TRADE columns, if not they will still show up FT.
This can be avoided if you Permanently Delete Cards from your trash. Putting cards in the Trash doesn't remove them from your Organize. You have to delete them again from the Trash folder. Doesn't make sense but that's what has to be done.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Yeah, I had deleted cards and set the quantity to zero, but it wasn't until I emptied the trash that they disappeared.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I simply use Excel and link the cards to my photobucket account. Too many scumbags around though to trade with, sadly. Rudzud ripped me off years ago on the old boards when the whole night crew thing was hip.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I took almost everything out of my org because I kept getting these offers for $80-$300 cards which is fine, but not for commons/base/inserts for half the bv of those cards. It was blocking me from seeing any legitimate trades. Out of every 20 offers I was getting 1 might of been decent. It was getting ridiculous . Now I will work the trade out with the other member and then add the cards into org. Another problem I have is I buy/trade/sell so much on the bay and other sites my org kept getting so out of date. It is a hassle to add/take away cards from.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

You guys are getting me worried. I was about to start trading and was going to ask for advice about trading, and now this whole topic has me a little concerned. Should I even bother or is it all a waste of time and more frustration than it's worth?
Thanks, Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-24-2012, 10:30 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You guys are getting me worried. I was about to start trading and was going to ask for advice about trading, and now this whole topic has me a little concerned. Should I even bother or is it all a waste of time and more frustration than it's worth?
Thanks, Mitch
Absolutely NOT more frustration than it's worth! Unless you are ONLY looking for high-end cards and/or are not willing to pay for either the ORG or OPG, this is a great site to trade on. It is much easier when you have everything listed in your ORG. Then you can send a TO to someone and know that they meant it when they said they couldn't find anything. You are also more likely to trade away those lesser cards (common base/inserts/etc.) that you never thought you'd get rid of.

If you want more info or help about trading/organizing, feel free to PM me.

I'm on this site just to trade and have a little fun with the hobby. There are people on here that will try to get over on you but for the most part some good guys. I have only done a few trades here because I'm still in the process of listing all of these cards. Anyone that sends me a fair trade offer and they have something I want, I'll make a fair deal with. I'll say these guys are some great traders for sure-- paulkellyjr, ne12bc12, ohioarmy05