`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question from 1991

Question from 1991
Hoping someone out there can help me. Im looking to see if anyone can tell me the difference between the 1991 line drive AA set and the 1991 Carolina Mudcats line drive set. Ive seen cards labeled as both but appear exactly the same. Judging by the listings I've seen I would gather that the Carolina Mudcats version is the rarer of the two but this could also just be due to the fact thats its a set thats over two decades old. If anyone could help Id appreciate it.
Thanks
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

RE: Question from 1991
(07-13-2012, 09:08 PM)bondssf2425 Wrote: Hoping someone out there can help me. Im looking to see if anyone can tell me the difference between the 1991 line drive AA set and the 1991 Carolina Mudcats line drive set. Ive seen cards labeled as both but appear exactly the same. Judging by the listings I've seen I would gather that the Carolina Mudcats version is the rarer of the two but this could also just be due to the fact thats its a set thats over two decades old. If anyone could help Id appreciate it.
Thanks
I have some Line Drive, i think the only 2 names i recall are Matt Stairs & Jim Thome, i think Stairs is Harrisburgh Senators so that wouldn't be the Mudcats set.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

As best I can recall, there isn't a difference between the cards that were sold as a team set and those that were part of the complete AA set (which were available in packs - and they may have also produced factory sets). Basically, Line Drive came up with two separate ways of distributing the cards. So if you were looking for a specific team, you could simply buy that individual set or you could have a little more fun by buying packs to try and assemble sets that way. Pictures and card numbers should be the same regardless of whether the card came from a team set or pack.

(07-13-2012, 10:24 PM)trojans134 Wrote: As best I can recall, there isn't a difference between the cards that were sold as a team set and those that were part of the complete AA set (which were available in packs - and they may have also produced factory sets). Basically, Line Drive came up with two separate ways of distributing the cards. So if you were looking for a specific team, you could simply buy that individual set or you could have a little more fun by buying packs to try and assemble sets that way. Pictures and card numbers should be the same regardless of whether the card came from a team set or pack.
Thanks for the help guys. Its just a tad curious that they are listed separately, but everything I have seen and heard is that they are the same card as well. Thanks again.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones