`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleer Bankruptcy

Fleer Bankruptcy
Does anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of all of the items that were auctioned off during the Fleer bankruptcy? I come across items from time to time but I can't find them in Beckett's database. I know some of the common basketball ones are the LeBron, Carmelo, Dwyane and Okafor 2004 Fleer USA cards, but Beckett only has the LeBron and Okafor listed in the database.

It's strange because I've seen the Dwyane Wade slabbed BGS plenty of times. So why isn't it in the database? When I think about it, I've come across a few cards that are slabbed BGS, but aren't in the database in general. I know that they are seperate departments, but there should be some form of cross communication between the two.

If anyone knows where I can find a listing that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: Fleer Bankruptcy
bankruptcy cards were mostly backdoored. there absolutely wont be a checklist ever...some were replacements, some were never made, etc etc etc

they are basically unlicensed...im surprised beckett has ANY in the database

Youll see alot of cards like platinum medalions or other inserts that should be numbered that arent. To me those are worthless.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(07-12-2012, 05:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: bankruptcy cards were mostly backdoored. there absolutely wont be a checklist ever...some were replacements, some were never made, etc etc etc

they are basically unlicensed...im surprised beckett has ANY in the database
That's the same thing I thought about them initially. Hopefully one day they will have some general listing as a standard to go by.

is that why you see those boxes sometimes online and they have a huge gold sticker over melo's face? I think that's right...need an example to show y'all, but maybe you already know what i'm talking about.

Ahh ha! http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-04-FLEER-UL...513wt_1139

(07-12-2012, 06:13 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Youll see alot of cards like platinum medalions or other inserts that should be numbered that arent. To me those are worthless.
Crimedawg I understand your point, but for me I'm a collector. Their is a certain mystique when you have cards that no one else has (regardless of a standard that someone else may put on it). That's what makes collecting what it is. When I receive a card of one of my PC players, I'm generally happy that I got it (even if it's a double).

Fleer was very innovative, which I don't think they got alot of credit for being. They were making inserts and subsets before it became popular to do. If you go back to the original stages of memo cards, they would place patches regularly inside their cards. I say all of this because even though they went under, they still were a creditable card company IMO.

I believe that card collecting is like any art form, it shouldn't have to be put into a box. That's when the fun is taken out of it, lol. Not to take away from your beliefs because you are entitled to them and I do respect them, but for me that's why I enjoy this hobby.

I saw a card from the Fleer bankruptcy in which they made the set but this card wasn't apart of it. It wasn't numbered or anything. This player wasn't even apart of the set. That made me want it even more, because I knew that it was an authentic card but for whatever reason they decided not to add it to the original set. That's a conversational piece, lol.

I guess you can put me on the darkside of collecting. I have it bad, lol.
(07-12-2012, 08:16 PM)therobertogato Wrote: is that why you see those boxes sometimes online and they have a huge gold sticker over melo's face? I think that's right...need an example to show y'all, but maybe you already know what i'm talking about.

Ahh ha! http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-04-FLEER-UL...513wt_1139
LOL no that's an actual blaster box of Ultra. That was before they went under.

Here's an example of one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

If I remember correctly there is a list out there that shows items sold at the Fleer Bankruptcy auction. A bunch of the stuff was sold as a lot so not sure if every item was listed. I'll post the link if I find it.

(07-13-2012, 06:05 PM)sonic311 Wrote: If I remember correctly there is a list out there that shows items sold at the Fleer Bankruptcy auction. A bunch of the stuff was sold as a lot so not sure if every item was listed. I'll post the link if I find it.
only some was sold at auction though. a lot of stuff was backdoored