`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real or Fake Pippen Autographics?

Real or Fake Pippen Autographics?
Both cards look beautiful, but because there are many counterfeits in the public, it might be safe for me to ask for opinion first before deciding whether or not to bid.

(a) http://www.ebay.com/itm/290739289283

(b) http://www.ebay.com/itm/290739290612

Also, look at the stamps - the seller even put on a closer scan of both - they are embossed differently.

What do you think? Do you think that both cards are real or fake? If only one of them is (potentially) real, which one? (a) or (b)?

Thank you so much.
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

RE: Real or Fake Pippen Autographics?
I think they both may be bad copies. Just something seems off on both.
but between the 2.....
PERSONALLY, I believe the second one (B) is a fake.
The gloss is a lil high for those cards.
The auto looks quite a bit off (the S looks more like a Z).

i think they are both real.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

If they are fakes, they are very good ones that someone put a lot of effort into.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-12-2012, 06:22 PM)jonathani Wrote: If they are fakes, they are very good ones that someone put a lot of effort into.

JonathanI
Check the annual. They warn that there are known fakes out there (that also include the stamp). People will go out of their way to fake a high dollar insert.

Both Pippen's are real, the chipping along the edges of both cards are consistent with typical damage to that product. Also you will note that the blend from the white to red (or vice versa) is even and not choppy. The gloss looks fine, the shine you see is from the flash. As for the stamp, well those can be easily reproduced so I cant really comment on that one.

Overall both Pippen's would be safe to bid on, Ive already seen these a few days ago and looked over them several times, and given the seller's feedback and other high dollar items for sale/sold I wouldn't worry about it.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Thank you all for opinion. Let me think hard before making a decision.
Feel free to leave more opinion if you want to.

Thanks once again.
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

Looks real to me. It matches the one he signed for me at a card show a while back. But is it worth paying $500 for an auto that you can get in person for $100?

(07-13-2012, 12:31 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: Looks real to me. It matches the one he signed for me at a card show a while back. But is it worth paying $500 for an auto that you can get in person for $100?
Good question. My guess is that it depends on whether or not you are trying to collect an insert set.