`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700 1910 cards found in Ohio attic graded 9&10

RE: 700 1910 cards found in Ohio attic graded 9&10
How is Wagner graded a 10 with these corners?
[Image: 2dj4h2o.jpg]

(07-11-2012, 08:52 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: How is Wagner graded a 10 with these corners?
[Image: 2dj4h2o.jpg]
Possibly the pre-correction? I'd post a link to the forum that this is on but I'm assuming it would get deleted. I'll shoot you a PM with it.

Since this is rather important, especially considering what was spoken about on the board, I want to start a new thread to make sure the issue gets addressed correctly. In the Black Swamp find there is a PSA 10 E98 Wagner. The one that was previously shown on the board was an operational mistake that PSA made. I had a fairly long chat with Chris Ivy about it today as well as Joe Orlando. Chris and Joe both said that when they looked at the card in the holder they knew immediately there was an issue. The PSA 10 card IS graded correctly but when it was to be put in it's holder the PSA operations folks DID in fact pick up one of the PSA 8.5s and put it in the PSA 10 holder by mistake. That being said the certification number was correct, only the card in the holder wasn't. The mistake has been corrected and the 8.5 is in it's correct holder and the 10 is in it's correct holder now. Joe made special mention that it is to Heritage Auctions credit that the mistake was brought to his attention very quickly (it has been in it's correct holder for days now), fixed and no one was hurt by it. It deserves being noted again that this was not a grading error but rather an operational one. He is upset with his company for making the mistake and is addressing the issue internally so it won't happen again. Say what you want to about PSA, but each of the few times I Have spoken with Joe O. I came away being impressed with his honesty, integrity and love of the hobby.

(07-11-2012, 09:34 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Possibly the pre-correction? I'd post a link to the forum that this is on but I'm assuming it would get deleted. I'll shoot you a PM with it.

Since this is rather important, especially considering what was spoken about on the board, I want to start a new thread to make sure the issue gets addressed correctly. In the Black Swamp find there is a PSA 10 E98 Wagner. The one that was previously shown on the board was an operational mistake that PSA made. I had a fairly long chat with Chris Ivy about it today as well as Joe Orlando. Chris and Joe both said that when they looked at the card in the holder they knew immediately there was an issue. The PSA 10 card IS graded correctly but when it was to be put in it's holder the PSA operations folks DID in fact pick up one of the PSA 8.5s and put it in the PSA 10 holder by mistake. That being said the certification number was correct, only the card in the holder wasn't. The mistake has been corrected and the 8.5 is in it's correct holder and the 10 is in it's correct holder now. Joe made special mention that it is to Heritage Auctions credit that the mistake was brought to his attention very quickly (it has been in it's correct holder for days now), fixed and no one was hurt by it. It deserves being noted again that this was not a grading error but rather an operational one. He is upset with his company for making the mistake and is addressing the issue internally so it won't happen again. Say what you want to about PSA, but each of the few times I Have spoken with Joe O. I came away being impressed with his honesty, integrity and love of the hobby.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleN...No=68001#Photo

Nicely done!!!!!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

That is just sick! What I wouldn't give for that kind of luck!
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

(07-11-2012, 09:34 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Possibly the pre-correction? I'd post a link to the forum that this is on but I'm assuming it would get deleted. I'll shoot you a PM with it.
I got the pic from the current auction up today. Top right corner and lower left corner

OK yeah, I like that nifty super up close thing they have going on that site there to look at the card. Kind of surprised too at the corners.