`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ RC: Real or Fake?

MJ RC: Real or Fake?
I am looking to buy an MJ rookie card but need help in determining if the card is the real deal or not. What should I be looking for?

This is the card:
[Image: MJRC1.jpg]

[Image: MJRC2.jpg]

RE: MJ RC: Real or Fake?
[Image: scan0006-2.jpg]
hope this can help a bit, also go buy or go get another card from that year and look at it a compare the 2...can be any player, my guess would be that it looks fake, almost looks perfect and 90percent of those cards have flaws...whats this guy asking for it? if he wants like 400 or less I'd say for sure it's fake he's trying to act like he's giving you a great deal...I'd also get in writing that if you get it graded and it comes back fake that you can have your money back...GET IT IN WRITING!!! good luck

sorry bro, but that one looks like a fake to me. The clarity of the picture and fleer logo on the front are good keys for the front, and on the back, its the eyes of the bull and the lack of a decimal point in career ppg that are key. I have a real and fake one, and when you compare them side to side its really obvious. I bought a slabbed authentic one, which is really the best way to go, either slabbed authentic or graded if you can afford it.

[Image: mjauthentictrimmedrc.jpg]
Authentic Jordan RC (altered because it was trimmed by someone trying to get a good grade)

[Image: mjrca.jpg]
Fake Jordan RC

[Image: mjrcb.jpg]
Fake Jordan RC Back

lmk if you need a scan of the authentic ones back and I will try and get a decent one
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

after comparing the two of them, the one you are trying to buy looks really fadded compared to mine...cardboard looks different as well..

Pretty sure it's fake. In the banner with Premier printed on it the background piece and arrow shaped piece both should be a darker color than the banner itself.

Thanks for all the info guys, now I know what to look for.

yep, looks like a fake.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(07-08-2012, 03:35 PM)sonic311 Wrote: I am looking to buy an MJ rookie card but need help in determining if the card is the real deal or not. What should I be looking for?

This is the card:
[Image: MJRC1.jpg]

[Image: MJRC2.jpg]
One of the biggest tells if it is fake or not is in his scoring average. If you look at the card there is no decimal point between the 27 and the 2. The card you pictured looks like this "27 2" and the actual card should be "27.2"

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Check out... http://sportscardinfo.wordpress.com/2008...er-rookie/

link has pictures of close up scans of real & fake MJ RC card..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Definitely a fake. The coloring alone gives it away. Sorry man