`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Town players?

Home Town players?
Anyone live in a town were a major league player is from? Off the top of my head I know of three where I'm from. It's an interesting class.....

Carl Yastrzemski
A. J. Pierzynski
Ross Gload
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

RE: Home Town players?
Chipper Jones, Luke Scott, Ricky Weeks all were raised 30 minute from where i live.

(07-08-2012, 12:11 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Chipper Jones, Luke Scott, Ricky Weeks all were raised 30 minute from where i live.
Cool. Yea, Yaz and A.J. Are from the next town over but it's like 15 mins away. My dad worked with Yaz's cousins. I know A.J.'s family, and Ross gload went to the same high school and is still friends with one of my co workers.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

i know a bunch of football players. chase coffman tampa bay josh freeman tampa bay. mark sappington hes with the orem owlz class a affiliation of the angels.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

There have been 193 players that have played in MLB that were born in Cincinnati. The currently active guys are:

Andrew Brackman
Josh Harrison
Jensen Lewis
James Russell
Joe Smith
Eric Surkamp
Kevin Youkilis

A few of past players that are from Cincinnati that caught my eye are:
Barry Larkin
Don Zimmer
Pete Rose
Ron Oester
Shannon Stewart

And I went to the same school as Jayhawk Owens. A catcher for the Rockies a few years back.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

Mark Teixeira
Gavin Floyd

To list a few current guys
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

Some bigger cities have better odds. as with my area population is around 20,000. but tra thomas was in the nfl a few years back.

Brian Wilson... And That's it.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

in the small city I live in now, the most notable are Jesse Barfield & Jeff Reed. They were born & raised & played h.s. ball here.
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Justin Verlander
BJ Upton
Justin Upton
David Wright
[Image: 60JLt.png]

[Image: TexasHorns.jpg]

My Teams: Longhorns (Colt McCoy & Vince Young PC) - Ravens (Ray Lewis PC) - Yankees (Alex Rodriguez PC)