`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Lin card values...

Jeremy Lin card values...
Since he's the new Houston Rocket point guard, pretty sure his stock will plummet. How many times have we seen this?

If he never played in New York, his new contract wouldn't even exist.
4yr/28.4m...now that's Linsanity!

RE: Jeremy Lin card values...
(07-06-2012, 11:31 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Since he's the new Houston Rocket point guard, pretty sure his stock will plummet. How many times have we seen this?

If he never played in New York, his new contract wouldn't even exist.
4yr/28.4m...now that's Linsanity!
um, a few things:

1. his popularity wasnt based off his location, but rather his ethnicity. that wont be changing
2. the knicks have the right to match that contract RFA), which they most likely will

I don't know if they can. I heard the Rockets structured it in such a way (back-loaded it) that it would make it pretty painful to match because of the new luxury tax setup in the CBA.
Also- his stock would plummet in Houston?!? Disagree. I think Houston would be the best place for his "stock". Yao out, Lin in. It is a marketing move more than a basketball move, in my opinion. A brilliant marketing move, but a marketing move all the same.

I think Lin's stock would drop some, but not fully. I think it would drop because 1) the Rocket's uniform isn't as well known as the Knicks', 2) smaller market, 3) the way the team currently is, I don't see them fighting for a playoff spot, and 4) if he averages 20 PPG it will be more because he's the one on that team that should more than sharing the ball with other players of the caliber on the Knicks. And the type of contract you're referring to is a poison pill contract.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

It seems pretty sure the Knicks will match...the money he will bring in for sponsors and jersey sales will offset the luxury tax they will have to eat on his contract..

plus the word on the sports shows was that Kidd was brought in to mentor Lin specifically...

If he does go to the Rockets and think his popularity suffers a bit..it actually already cooled some after he got hurt...though his stuff sells way too high still for his talent level...

Guess the Rockets are kicking themselves for cutting him in the first place..
[Image: arod.gif]

i think his stock will drop a lot when people realise the kid really isnt that good! He was on a hot streak and ESPN was marketing the heck out of him..He blew up in just 2 weeks then BOOM injury and not to be heard from again.I think his market value will drop off drastically no matter where he plays! Now he has some added pressure with the new structure of his contract,With pressure of having something to prove i simply don't see it with this kid...It was a heck of a 2-3 week run he was on and ESPN made sure we got to see every shot and assist,but stick a fork in his card hype!That got topped out already nowhere to go but down from here on out.

i may be wrong but i am going with my gut and what i have seen from him as a player
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(07-06-2012, 01:39 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Also- his stock would plummet in Houston?!? Disagree. I think Houston would be the best place for his "stock". Yao out, Lin in. It is a marketing move more than a basketball move, in my opinion. A brilliant marketing move, but a marketing move all the same.
Just like Joe said. It will not drop. it's most definitely not going to go up if he goes to H-town. I think most of his product is going overseas by now anyways. I know when I sold the two RC I had a little bit late in the hype they both went to Asian Countries.
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

I will forever be indebted to Mr. Lin ... I sold six of his base rookies that I found in one of my 5,000-count boxes and bought a Kevin Durant auto with the proceeds. Crazy!

I don't think Lin is what he was in the beginning with the Knicks. I just don't think his stock will drop a whole lot going to Houston from the Knicks. I would guess that the demand will be greater, but by fewer people. I think it will even out for the most part.

As a Houston resident, I am actually hoping he comes here. I don't think he is great, and I can think of a WHOLE LOT of players I would rather have. But I don't even watch the Rockets any more, and I can't think of a more interesting wrinkle to the coming season here in Houston than to see if Lin really has the skills he showed in New York. That will definitely get me to pay attention and I think that is half the reason the Rockets made the offer!

(07-06-2012, 02:30 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: i think his stock will drop a lot when people realise the kid really isnt that good! He was on a hot streak and ESPN was marketing the heck out of him..He blew up in just 2 weeks then BOOM injury and not to be heard from again.I think his market value will drop off drastically no matter where he plays! Now he has some added pressure with the new structure of his contract,With pressure of having something to prove i simply don't see it with this kid...It was a heck of a 2-3 week run he was on and ESPN made sure we got to see every shot and assist,but stick a fork in his card hype!That got topped out already nowhere to go but down from here on out.

i may be wrong but i am going with my gut and what i have seen from him as a player
co-sign. all hype. right around the all-star break too. did he even play with carmello?