`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone excited for the release of limited?

RE: Anyone excited for the release of limited?
Well, y'all made up my mind on this. $100 is the low number I've seen and it's for 6 cards. No way each card is going to be $16 in street value or even close to being something I will hold high in personal value. Definitely disappointed. I don't even know if I want Past and Present this year. Got some Hoops, hated those and no rookies! What about Prestige? I liked Prestige damn it!

(07-08-2012, 05:59 PM)therobertogato Wrote: Well, y'all made up my mind on this. $100 is the low number I've seen and it's for 6 cards. No way each card is going to be $16 in street value or even close to being something I will hold high in personal value. Definitely disappointed. I don't even know if I want Past and Present this year. Got some Hoops, hated those and no rookies! What about Prestige? I liked Prestige damn it!
its like any other product, chances are you wont make your money back if you decide to sell everything, but there are a bunch of big hits in this product.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(07-08-2012, 06:28 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: its like any other product, chances are you wont make your money back if you decide to sell everything, but there are a bunch of big hits in this product.
yeah but I don't have the money to put enough into it to get what I want out of it. Make sense?

(07-08-2012, 06:38 PM)therobertogato Wrote: yeah but I don't have the money to put enough into it to get what I want out of it. Make sense?
i don't follow your logic i guess? what do you need out of it?? It is always safer and usually much cheaper to buy singles and put together "what you need out of it" every break is a gamble.I can't afford to bust anything high end so i simply don't.I just buy the singles.I think this product is actually pretty re-assuring with the draft redemptions which are selling for $25-$30 each so your guaranteed 1/3 of your break back...not many products have that going for them!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(07-08-2012, 06:38 PM)therobertogato Wrote: yeah but I don't have the money to put enough into it to get what I want out of it. Make sense?
yeah i get it, the only time its a good idea to bust wax is if you have disposable income and wanting to gamble. in this day and age of online trading and ebay, its pointless to gamble on wax to get needs.

Like I stated on Panini's blog, the cards look amazing, and if I was utterly rich I'd buy a case of it (though some have complained about too many draft redemptions), but even that wouldn't get me what I would want out of it...the base and legends set. I can't justify spending $100 on a box of cards where I get 3 base cards, which is less than 5% of the base set. That's why when I made an order today with money I got from selling, I bought the case of sleeves I've been wanting to buy (I blame it on OCD) along with two 36 pack retail boxes. I bought two retail boxes rather than one hobby box (even though the Hobby box was cheaper than the two retail boxes) because I figured I'd probably have a better chance at completing the 279 card base set with 360 (2 boxes, 36 packs and 5 cards per pack each box) cards than 288 (36 packs, 8 cards per pack) cards. I only buy boxes if I have a good chance at getting 80%+ of the set I'm going after. I got lucky on Past & Present (full set within two boxes) and am hoping to be as lucky with 2011-12 Hoops (though I doubt I'll get the chase card).
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I guess, until I get some serious money, I won't be a premium card guy, for the exact reason that I like to build sets like xstreaminsanity. I just wanted some rookies, through redemeption even, from this year, so it'll be RC. Also, buying on the secondary market to me, is cheating, I know that's illogical, but if I don't get to bust it, it feels like I've skipped a step in my collection or something. Cheating is the wrong word but you know what I mean. Like the cards all go in the box and say "I came out of a pack," "Well I came from EBay," and the ones out of the pack look down on the ones from ebay. Yeah, so? I'm ridiculous like that!

i know what youre saying, its always nice to have a card in your collection that was pack pulled yourself vs just buying one, but anybody that pc's a player knows you will end up with a better collection by just buying singles, i know this, but i still bust wax and rarely buy singles, i'm ridiculous like that lol.