Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: Crazy two weeks.....

OT: Crazy two weeks.....
Bear with me, friends.

I'm redoing my deck - professional estimate $12,000. What?!!!! So I repair, wash.....and strip the old "semi-transparent" stain (which MUST be done if redoing the deck down to original finish).

This is last week- I buy some Behr #64 - and it works like a charm! Until I get sloppy. (I list the brand and product so you can see the active chemical). I take off my mask and goggles because it's hot. Not smart. So - needless to say, I spend Sunday at the ER examining all the CHEMICAL BURNS to my face and neck. YAY!

Ah, superficial - hurt like the Dickens....but flash forward to yesterday. My wife, two daughters and I eat dinner, and before heading home decide to go to Lowes for some Cabots Austalian Timber Oil- oh yeah, big pimpin......

Cruising down the HIGHWAY - (ah, it's a 6 lane highway with about a 1.5 foot median separating traffic)......and BOOM!

The Escalade in the lane to the right jerks over into my lane and smashes into our Honda Pilot over the median and into oncoming traffic!!! Holy smokes!

We were doing about 50. A witness told me and I quote: "wow, I have no idea how you ain't flip dat thing. When you flew up over dat median I thought you was done.". I had no idea we went airborne until he said that. Oh, and that guy was the finance manager of the Toyota dealership who's lot we settled in.

The officer said to me later, "he says that, but your Honda was built exactly for this type of crash and all of you are safe."

After the impact I had to fight the cars going 50 coming at me. I've never been so scared.

So, hug your family a little tighter tonight and remember to always be on your toes while driving!!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

RE: OT: Crazy two weeks.....
holy smokes man...glad everyone's ok!
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

wow glad you are ok.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

that's straight up a movie scene right there! Glad you are ok!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

wow that's crazy. glad ur okay man.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Thanks. The 4 year old is still a little shaken up. I went into a crazy mode and everything went silent and I just maneuvered the car like I was in a video game. It was surreal. Didn't even hear my kids screaming.

Oh - and the jerk that started the crash - fled.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Wow!!! Glad to hear everyone is safe... Take care man... Hope all is well...

Glad you're okay. If it was me, I would've needed to stop by the underpants store.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

wow that sucks. Hope you recover fast and glad your family was ok.

[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Man that's aweful. Glad to hear everyone is ok though. Hope you recover soon from the chemicals and the crash.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]