`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy this card

Should I buy this card
I am just wanting to know everyones opinion on the value of this card. I would really like to add it to my James Johnson pc, but I wanted to make sure I do not overpay for it. I dont know how much it matters since it wasn't his jersey number he was a rookie, but it is numbered 2/5- his current jersey number. The seller now wants $38. I didn't put a bid in at 29.95 + $3.49 shipping because I thought it was a little high. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1054

RE: Should I buy this card
Did you contact the seller to purchase the card or has it been relisted? If you are paying him directly through paypal and not using Ebay there is no way I would pay him more. He is actually making more money that way because Ebay takes 9% that he will be saving. All I will say is that since no one bid on the card you can assume it is at the high end of the value. So an increase from the seller is more unrealistic than his first asking price might have been. Hard to place a value on a /5 and I am not real familiar with his cards so I will let someone else comment on that.

(06-30-2012, 08:06 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: Did you contact the seller to purchase the card or has it been relisted? If you are paying him directly through paypal and not using Ebay there is no way I would pay him more. He is actually making more money that way because Ebay takes 9% that he will be saving. All I will say is that since no one bid on the card you can assume it is at the high end of the value. So an increase from the seller is more unrealistic than his first asking price might have been. Hard to place a value on a /5 and I am not real familiar with his cards so I will let someone else comment on that.
I did contact the seller through ebay and left him my email address. His offer is $38 direct through paypal even though I could have bid on it and won it for less than $35. I was hoping he would hit me with a lower number, not a higher one!

Yeah, if this is straight through paypal he would make $3 or so over the auction, had it sold. Asking for more is laughable really. I would offer $30 shipped and not a penny more. He makes roughly the same amount of money that way.

(06-30-2012, 08:40 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: Yeah, if this is straight through paypal he would make $3 or so over the auction, had it sold. Asking for more is laughable really. I would offer $30 shipped and not a penny more. He makes roughly the same amount of money that way.
I also wont qualify for ebay bucks through this purchase so I would be losing out there too. I will see if 30 works!

So you didn't bid because you thought $33 was a little high. Now the seller wants more to sell directly so that he doesn't have to pay the eBay fees, and he might even try for a PayPal gift payment so he doesn't have to pay the Paypal fees either. Sounds like the seller is getting greedy, now that he knows someone is interested. I think you should offer no more than $25 (including S&H). If the seller doesn't accept it then don't fret over it. They are most likely trying to get every penny they can from you since they know you're interested, and since the card is numbered out of 5 they know it is tough to find another one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-01-2012, 08:52 AM)djohn Wrote: So you didn't bid because you thought $33 was a little high. Now the seller wants more to sell directly so that he doesn't have to pay the eBay fees, and he might even try for a PayPal gift payment so he doesn't have to pay the Paypal fees either. Sounds like the seller is getting greedy, now that he knows someone is interested. I think you should offer no more than $25 (including S&H). If the seller doesn't accept it then don't fret over it. They are most likely trying to get every penny they can from you since they know you're interested, and since the card is numbered out of 5 they know it is tough to find another one.
Thanks again for your opinions guys. I offered the seller $32 yesterday and he never responded back. If he responds today my offer is now $25.

Is this card PC? If so, something like this you prob should try to get, even if you pay a little more than it is "worth." I collect Kyle Weaver (drafted in 2008, played a couple seasons and is now playing overseas) and I know I have overpaid for a couple of the cards I have in my PC. As long as you are only over paying by 5-10 dollars, which it seems you might be if you go with the original price, then I do not see that being a huge deal. If this is just a card you like and its not PC then I would possibly pass.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(07-01-2012, 01:06 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Is this card PC? If so, something like this you prob should try to get, even if you pay a little more than it is "worth." I collect Kyle Weaver (drafted in 2008, played a couple seasons and is now playing overseas) and I know I have overpaid for a couple of the cards I have in my PC. As long as you are only over paying by 5-10 dollars, which it seems you might be if you go with the original price, then I do not see that being a huge deal. If this is just a card you like and its not PC then I would possibly pass.
Yeah all I really collect in basketball is James Johnson rookie year autos. I have a total of 32 autos and have spent a total of $208.38 on them. This is kind of a big purchase for me so I really wanted to hear what others thought about it!

(07-01-2012, 01:20 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: Yeah all I really collect in basketball is James Johnson rookie year autos. I have a total of 32 autos and have spent a total of $208.38 on them. This is kind of a big purchase for me so I really wanted to hear what others thought about it!
Yeah, I hear ya there! Hopefully the seller would go lower for you.

[Image: Nick.jpg]