`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy this card

RE: Should I buy this card
(07-20-2012, 05:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think a lot of sellers scour these boards and look for the somewhat less than mainstream PC guys like Prado, Shipley, your guy James Johnson (now a King, woo!) and try to jack them all up, because they know there's a specific market for them (ie PC).

I'm glad you stayed away from the guy, because anybody pressing you that bad for a side deal is questionable to begin with, not to mention you would have no recourse if he hosed you and didn't send the card.

Good luck on the 3/5, I'll bet you'll get it for $20 or less.

In general, when people ask if they should buy a card, I always say go for it — if you want it bad enough and can legitimately afford it.

But in this case, I think you were very smart to avoid it.
In all fairness, I contacted the seller about the side deal first. I did win the 3/5 for under $20 so it all worked out anyway!

(07-20-2012, 10:20 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: In all fairness, I contacted the seller about the side deal first. I did win the 3/5 for under $20 so it all worked out anyway!
No, I just meant that he kept trying to work it with the different numbers and stuff. I'm glad it worked out for you ... I'm excited he's in Sacto, that's my team out here.

(07-20-2012, 11:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No, I just meant that he kept trying to work it with the different numbers and stuff. I'm glad it worked out for you ... I'm excited he's in Sacto, that's my team out here.
Thats cool. I used to live out that way from 2003-2007. Near a town called Auburn!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221104982302?ssP...1438.l2649

I bet this seller wishes he hadnt have treated me like an idiot!

(07-21-2012, 08:21 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: Thats cool. I used to live out that way from 2003-2007. Near a town called Auburn!
Nice to hear from a NorCaller ...

I think it's so interesting who some people collect. James johnson? Did you go to high school with him or something? It's just so random lol. I'm not making fun of you, it's just since I've gotten back into collecting I've noticed how many people will only collect one obscure player, it's funny.
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

(08-21-2012, 06:53 PM)fgarvis Wrote: I think it's so interesting who some people collect. James johnson? Did you go to high school with him or something? It's just so random lol. I'm not making fun of you, it's just since I've gotten back into collecting I've noticed how many people will only collect one obscure player, it's funny.

LOL. I just started collecting him because he helped my fantasy team last year with steals and blocks and he was good on NBA 2K11. I also collect ATLANTA BRAVES autos, so its not like the only cards I have are James Johnson autos.