`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winners and Losers in the Draft

RE: Winners and Losers in the Draft
I'm not saying Detroit was THE winner of the draft, but I do put them as a Winner of the draft. They got Drummond at 9, someone who at the beginning of the year, without having played a year of college, was projected as a possible #1 overall pick. He had a semi-lackluster year (for an 18 yr old freshman at a college where they had coach and other issues), but he had some games where he was simply amazing. The Pistons weren't looking for a major scorer, we were looking more for defense and someone to take over at Center so Monroe can move to PF. IF Ben Wallace comes back for one more year (hoping) and can teach him the ropes, we'll be pretty well off. The kid is only 18, will be 19 when the season starts, already has a Dwight Howard like physique, athleticism almost like Dwight, and he seems very genuine and like he's a high character kid (you guys should have heard Joe D talk about how much investigating he did into Drummond's character and background...because of drafting Darko). So for someone who has possibly the most upside potential of ANYONE in the draft and is only 18, getting him at the #9 pick is pretty spectacular. Also, we got English in the second round who is a guard that was playing the PF spot in college. Means he can bang, guard and shoot (was something like 46% from 3 last year). But back to what should help us the most, Drummond was EXACTLY what we were looking for, now all we have to do is develop him and I think we could be the 8th seed either this year, or at the latest next year. Yes, like someone said earlier, he's a risk, but he has a reward that you just couldn't pass up with the #9 pick. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(06-30-2012, 10:25 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: with kg coming back officially (3 years, 34 million!...holy crapola), i actually like the celtics drafting Fab and Sullinger, who are kind of the opposite of each other. Sullinger is the offensive guy, Melo the defensive big. KG can help sullinger with his d, help Melo with his o

also: i guarantee Sullinger's nickname in Boston will be Sully. virtual lock
Yeah, Sully is prawbably a wicked safe bet.
(07-01-2012, 09:07 AM)quavis Wrote: If we wanted a wallace we could just get wallace. Hes a free agent. And like i said wallace was a star on the poor bobcats but just a role player for others. Mkg will be a role plyer not a star. Trob will be a sar. You know i go to every game right? I might have a good idea about what the bobcats need....
Have you ever seen anyone try to get MJ's auto when he sits courtside? I would assume security keeps the flies away ...

Kinda hard to get near him without a frontcourt club pass. Closest i got at a game was walkin throught the tunnel and his fiance was right behind me. He didnt go to many games last season for some reason...
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]