`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THANK YOU TOPPS!

THANK YOU TOPPS!
This thread is to publicly thank the people over at Topps. I have Pancreatic Cancer and been fighting for over 6 1/2 years. Beaten 3x, I'm in my 4th battle with the disease. I've been on chemotherapy for over 40 months straight, which sucks but it's better than the alternative lol.

Well, I have been trying to do things to raise money without just asking for donations and decided to sort our collection (My brother in the AF has spent his money to build our collection), make some lots & sell on EBay. I am able to set a percentage that goes directly to the charity or organization I want.

I started with a lot of football rc's from 2005 and 2006. No autos, no jerseys. Not much & the result was exactly that. I got 22 dollars which included shipping. 11 dollars went to PanCan. Kind of sucks, but I guess better than nothing.

Well, after sorting the collection, anything worth money my brother will not part with but a few things. So I went on twitter on a whim & asked Topps and Upper Deck if they would provide items I can use to generate some donations. Well, I had one company more than happy to help me & one company who had "committed all our resources at this time."

Well, Topps came through for me big time. Got a box today from them. 1 box of 2011 Topps Finest Baseball, a 2002 Topps Archives Reserve Best Years Baseball signed by Ferguson Jenkins 970/1000 and a 2011 Topps Football Super Bowl 3 autograph of Joe Namath. I will post pictures later on tonight, but this is my way of publicly thanking the company of Topps Cards for stepping up when they could have done the same thing that Upper Deck did.

Thank for reading guys!

Bill

RE: Cancer Auctions- THANK YOU TOPPS!
Sounds like a good thing.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Good day, Bill!

Your brother, Chris, posted a little while back about you and your tribulations. I am glad to hear that you are doing better, and that you have been able to find such generosity through Topps! It's always nice to read about tough situations working out for the better! Kudos to Topps for their contribution and integrity. Wishing you all of the best, and I hope that you are able to find some more donations soon. Take care and God Bless!

Randi

That is an awesome story! Good on Topps for being a good company and giving back. I too am glad to hear you are doing better. Good luck and best wishes for another recovery. This time for good.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

RE: THANK YOU TOPPS!
That is very cool of Topps. Best wishes on a another recovery.m

Jimmy Howard PC
Danny DeKeyser PC

Red Wings collector

First off, you have 100% of my support. I just went through 2 very rough years and like you said, the alternative is better. You are a tough S.O.B. as I was and never lose that fight and will to live. A lot of people take the blessed gift of life for granted and do not "stop to smell the flowers". YOU WILL beat this and your focus on the fund raising is a great focus. I have a ton of stuff I can send you as I am so greatful to all the medical people and organizations that help us out when we really need it. Always remember family is all you have at the end of the day. I applaud you for your efforts with both of these things and shoot me a p.m. to let me know what I can send you. I have thousands of cards in every sport so, it will be my honor to donate. Cheers and best wishes man!

wow very nice done by Topps

best wishes in your recovery
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Terrific story. And great to hear of your grattitude in very tough times. My thoughts are with you.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to email me - I am sure we could find a way to keep some smiles coming your way.

All the Best - Scott