`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay: what kind of feedback would you leave if...

RE: eBay: what kind of feedback would you leave if...
(07-02-2012, 06:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: But you're assuming that he's never had anyone else tell him the same thing, a hundred times over!

Believe me, they know, and they just don't care.

They're either too cheap, or too lazy, or both, to do it the right way.

Giving them "five stars all around" does not help anybody.

Plus, the first time you buy a card from someone like this and it shows up damaged due to his carelessness, you will understand why I'm such a jerk about it.

I realize that if it's damaged you can always file a claim, get a refund, send it back, yada yada yada, but how about this — just do it right the first time!
Out of curiosity, do you actually send via Priority Mail even though you charge only $3 s/h on some of your singles on ebay?

(07-02-2012, 09:43 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Out of curiosity, do you actually send via Priority Mail even though you charge only $3 s/h on some of your singles on ebay?
I don't know what else to mark it on the menu (LOL) ... I send it USPS first class, delivery confirmation in a bubble mailer, with the aforementioned 13 cents of protection ... I also usually stuff two thick filler cards on either side inside the team bag for added padding.

The postage is like $2.80, and each mailer costs me 40 cents, so I technically lose 33 cents every time I ship a card.

Although I justify that huge profit (LOL) by sending them out either the same day I receive payment or almost always the next day at the latest.

Plus, I don't sell crap (i.e. damaged cards) like a lot of lowlife eBay dealers ... if they're seriously not Nm-MT or better — usually better — I don't even bother.

If it's a high-end card, I'll usually mark the shipping free, send it as mentioned above, and also put some insurance on it (usually the BV of the card).

And by the way, I have a full time job and have two kids, so I don't have a lot of tolerance for people's crap about "it's so hard to get to the post office, that's why it took me a week to send your card even though you paid me right after the auction was over."

That's why I have the rating I do, because I work pretty hard at it — put it this way, I wish there were more dealers like me when I'm buying a card.

By the way, why do you ask? I don't have anything for sale right now, where did you see a listing?

(06-29-2012, 06:36 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I won a $100 Will Clark Auto 2012 Archive (for a lot less than $100) and it arrived after 11 days (he said postage fell off) in a PWE, no penny sleeve,, no top loader, in a team bag taped with cardboard around paper. The card was moving around int eh cardboard sleeve..BUT..no damage to the card. He charged $3 for shipping..
Si I e-mailed him about shipping concerns and he replied..:glad the card arrived"
Now..FEEDBACK??? He has not given feedback to me yet. I know he can not give a negative to me, but could leave a bad comment...
I got the card..so + feedback and ding on shipping?? Seems fair, but he "protected" the card, just not to my standards..
Maybe I'll just ignore and move on with my life/auctions/trades...

See mine was an auction for 3 archives relics that book at a total of 45 bucks and I won the bid at 4 dollars. I have a feeling the guy was pissed that it went off so cheap so he in turn cheaped out on the shipping. If you can't handle having some auctions go real low then you shouldn't be selling on eBay.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(07-03-2012, 05:57 AM)Haze28 Wrote: See mine was an auction for 3 archives relics that book at a total of 45 bucks and I won the bid at 4 dollars. I have a feeling the guy was pissed that it went off so cheap so he in turn cheaped out on the shipping. If you can't handle having some auctions go real low then you shouldn't be selling on eBay.
Exactly ... a 99 cent sale should get the same treatment as a $100 sale ... it's called "repeat business!"

I won a printing plate of my PC guy and the seller put it in a penny sleeve and top loader and didn't tape the top loader. The problem was he put it in a JSY top loader and a 6x9 bubble mailer. so when I got the card, it was out of the top loader. Luckily it wasn't damaged. But it was an autographed 1/1 printing plate.

People just need to use common sense when mailing stuff.

(06-26-2012, 06:31 AM)Haze28 Wrote: You recieve a package of 3 cards from an auction you won and they were in a bubble mailer with penny sleeves and the only other protection is the paper the invoice was printed on wrapped around the cards? I was lucky enough to get them without any damage but that's all it was, luck.

What feedback would you leave?

(07-02-2012, 09:43 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Out of curiosity, do you actually send via Priority Mail even though you charge only $3 s/h on some of your singles on ebay?
Priority mail is a big waste. Your package doesn't get their any faster and its put in with the same first class mail.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.