`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
we're almost there ..... and we need your help :)

we're almost there ..... and we need your help :)
we've been working on our card display "hobby" and we think we're getting ready to start to try a few smaller shows in our area.

I feel that we have a niche market and we're not competing with anyone locally so it's a bonus as well Smile

First off, we finally settled on a name so welcome to the first official "Jokers Card Displays" thread Smile

[Image: 100_6405.jpg]

now for some in depth "market research" in which I would really like your honest comments on what kind of styles etc. you really like Smile

We've played with odd shapes and sizes .....

[Image: 100_6242.jpg]
[Image: 100_6221.jpg]
[Image: 100_6223.jpg]
[Image: 100_6268.jpg]

to be continued .....
and stuck to some basics .....

[Image: 100_6276.jpg]
[Image: 100_6269.jpg]

built every thing from Hockey puck displays .....

[Image: 100_6403.jpg]

to some newer styles .....

[Image: 100_6401.jpg]
[Image: 100_6402.jpg]
[Image: 100_6397.jpg]
[Image: 100_6398-1.jpg]

to be continued once again .....

RE: we're almost there ..... and we need your help :)
Totally awesome pbean Smile I want one of those shelves in the first pic when your ready. PM me a price please Big Grin

PS....very nice variety for everyone!!!

and some more "unique" items .....

[Image: 100_6266.jpg]
[Image: 100_6244.jpg]
[Image: 100_6241.jpg]
[Image: 100_4077.jpg]
[Image: 100_4078.jpg]
[Image: 100_4020.jpg]
[Image: 100_4030.jpg]

the more "basic" models will sell for around $4, and the more intricate etc. unfortunately the costlier they will be Wink

I've played around with a number of woods but have stuck with oak and poplar due to the great finish they have when they are done.

what are your thoughts, what styles and designs do you like ???

I've looked at team names etc. but due to the time involved the cost and time factor are too great in most cases, and I can produce 100 basic units in the time it takes me to craft a larger name etc.

thanks for all your help folks and we really do appreciate all you feedback Smile

pbean and pbeanjr
(06-25-2012, 05:34 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: Totally awesome pbean Smile I want one of those shelves in the first pic when your ready. PM me a price please Big Grin

PS....very nice variety for everyone!!!
thanks T Smile still working on mostly smaller models at this time, as soon as I get a day in the shop I'll take a look at what I can envision for you Smile

Quite honestly my friend I line them all, can you give me a price on the bigger display and the ones with the Steve Young and Gale Sayers ( with the cards in them ) lmao. Plus can you do like a 10 stand assortment style combo pack of the different shapes????
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Very cool man! I think it would look really cool with vintage cards. I also like the holder that holds 2 cards

Hey, I think another good idea would be to make a corner shelf style. One that you could hang in the corner of a room. Just a thought...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(06-25-2012, 05:41 PM)pbean Wrote: thanks T Smile still working on mostly smaller models at this time, as soon as I get a day in the shop I'll take a look at what I can envision for you Smile
Thanks pbean!!! I know it will be a great vision and Im in no hurry but I definitely like the idea of another pbean and jr original Smile
(06-25-2012, 05:48 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Plus can you do like a 10 stand assortment style combo pack of the different shapes????
I like your thinking Lumpster!!!

I really likes those!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(06-25-2012, 05:48 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Quite honestly my friend I line them all, can you give me a price on the bigger display and the ones with the Steve Young and Gale Sayers ( with the cards in them ) lmao. Plus can you do like a 10 stand assortment style combo pack of the different shapes????
thanks bud Smile

I just had a great idea for you, and will see how I can figure it out (big piece of wood needed for this one Blush and it would be a wall mount vs. a desk top Smile

I can put anything together in any quantity, and if granted "artistic license" can really put together some fun shapes etc Smile

(06-25-2012, 05:49 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Very cool man! I think it would look really cool with vintage cards. I also like the holder that holds 2 cards
thanks Smile trying to work on a "vintage display" but I also try and build holders that "look" vintage, kinda like something Grandpa made so if you have a relic or something of an older HOF player they kinda mould together Smile
(06-25-2012, 06:03 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: Hey, I think another good idea would be to make a corner shelf style. One that you could hang in the corner of a room. Just a thought...
great idea Smile I gotta think about that one Smile
(06-25-2012, 06:04 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: Thanks pbean!!! I know it will be a great vision and Im in no hurry but I definitely like the idea of another pbean and jr original Smile

I like your thinking Lumpster!!!
thanks T Smile I've got some thoughts in mind ..... just have to get them on paper Smile

(06-25-2012, 06:12 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I really likes those!
thanks Smile

Their awesome. They would match my shelves perfect! Ever think about doing one that says "BGS" for graded cards?
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"