`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent additions to my Diamond Stars Set 1934-35

RE: Recent additions to my Diamond Stars Set 1934-35
(06-25-2012, 08:43 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I love the art deco look of it. As you can see by my sig, I'm doing three toughies, '33 and '34 Goudey and Diamond Stars. I'll probably still be working on them on my death bed Smile
Lol, yeah I stayed far away from goudey and because of two words

Ruth and Gehrig, lol

But yes, the art deco look is what I like about them the most. That and the fielding and bunting tips on the backWink. I got really excited about these when Topps put out Chicle and went out and got my first one, Stonewall Jackson. I put together the whole set with sps and the chrome set, and the chrome refractor set, and even various colored versions for my Player PCs lol. After putting those together in record time I decided to go for a real challenge. I was already seeking a good vintage set to do and after looking at the checklist it seemed like I could handle it, over the course of a decade of course.
I would come to find out later I may NEVER have a High number Bill Dickey, damn Sad

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Patience is a virtue when doing these old sets, but that's what makes it more exciting when you do get a couple of cards in Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Very nice. A good start to the set. Thanks for sharing.
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.