`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jabari parker

jabari parker
do you think its worth while to invest in a jabari parker auto?

RE: jabari parker
Not sure i Dont Invest i Collect

I collect also but what i meant to ask was is he a worth while person to collect? ive been seeing all this hype about him and wondering if he really is gonna be the next big thing

That part of the Risk of Collecting Sometimes you go after a Player you think will be the Next Kobe or Lebron and he falls flat on his Face and other times the guy you totally overlooked lights the Collecting world on fire and once and awhile guy turn into a Roller Coaster..

A good example would be Stephon Curry or Tyler Hansboro Both were the Hottest Collected guys there rookies season. Injuries have Limited Curry and Hansboro has been a decent Pro but will prob never be a Super star.. Both of there Cards have Cooled off a bit..

On the Flip side you have Jeremy Lin his stuff went Straight to the Common Boxes and you cursed Panini if you pulled his Auto his rookie season.. Then Last year NY gave him a Chance and he just Took Off people were Scrambling for there Common boxes to see if they had his RC or an Auto

For a Roller Coaster player James Harden comes to mind.. He was the 3rd Pick in the draft and was one of those guys everyone was Collecting but he didnt have a Rookie season and he Cooled down. He was easy and Cheap to pick up. Final this year he began Reaching his Potential and now his Stuff is back on the Rise again..

But back to your original Question.. I cant really say yes or No on whether Parker will be worth Collecting thats a Risk/Decision you have to make on your own.

I would invest. I mean he is only 17. He has a lot of upside. He is a great kid on top of being a great basketball player. I've been to many elite high school games, Hoopfest, tournaments and have gotten many high school autographs of kids in person that have gone on to the Pros. Obviously not all have made it but it is the risk you take. A poster bbills1999 stated some kids come out hot because of the college that they played at and have a huge following from that. One of the players that he mentioned was Tyler Hansbrough. I was an asst. coach at Poplar Bluff High School when Tyler and Ben were there. The Mules played in many big time events with other nationally known players. Monte Ellis at the Forrest City "Rumble on the Ridge" tournament, there was another kid there that went on to play at Kentucky and another that went to LSU. Then we went to the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions in Springfield Mo. There I met Mario Chalmers. Then we went to a tournament in Il and they played against Anthony Mason Jr. Then we had the game on ESPN and met Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr.
Then I traveled to the McDonald's All-American game that year in 05 in which Tyler played in. This was the last year that HS kids could go from HS to the NBA. I met and got autographs from all of those guys. Then the Nike Hoop Summitt was in Memphis that year before it moved to Portland. Once again I got all the autographs from those players. I'm friends with Oak Hill Academy's Head Coach Steve Smith whom I've known since 2005, and who has coached over 22 guys that are now in the NBA. So every time I watch their games I get autographs of those kids. I met Coach Smith after the team in 05 Tyler's Sr. won the Missouri State title by beating Vashon High School out of St. Louis. Vashon was the #1 team in the country and with us beating them that allowed OHA to gain the #1 spot in the Final Ranking.

Sorry for the rambling and the history of my sports collecting. It's a neat story as I have met some great coaches and players over the past 10 years. My greatest autograph was of John Wooden who I met at the 05 McDoanld's All-American game as it was the last time he went to a game outside of CA. At that event I met him and met the guest speaker Bill Russell. I love getting things signed but to be honest with you meeting and getting pictures with them is so much more fulfilling.