`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini replacement - opinions??

Panini replacement - opinions??
I'm not a big basketball collector, but I seem to pull decent stuff (mostly redemptions) from Panini.

I redeemed last December a card from 2010 Panini Hall of Fame, and recieved a replacement today.

What I was waiting for:

Famed Signatures - Tom Gola /899

What they replaced with:

Private Signings - Alex English NNO.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Panini replacement - opinions??
Seems about even
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-23-2012, 03:57 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I'm not a big basketball collector, but I seem to pull decent stuff (mostly redemptions) from Panini.

I redeemed last December a card from 2010 Panini Hall of Fame, and recieved a replacement today.

What I was waiting for:

Famed Signatures - Tom Gola /899

What they replaced with:

Private Signings - Alex English NNO.
That seems fair, it doesn't look like there are many autos from Tom Gola anyways, where as Alex English has been seen in some UD and some of Panini's latest products.

I do have a question about the redemptions tho...

I recently redeemed a bunch of cards, but unthinkingly put the waiting time at 4 months, I tried asking them to change it, and they said they could not, however I was informed that they would ask me if I wanted to wait longer (pending redemption) or for the replacement at the end of the 4 months...

So did they ask you? Or did they send the redemption with no information,

Just wanted to know cause I had things like the Panini past and present rookie autos from this drafting class, but they're not releasing the list of players (or which player's auto I got) until October, which is longer than 4 months lol
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

No, there wasn't any communication from Panini. They just announced the other day via thier blog that they were shipping a bunch of redemptions out, and that the ones listed in yellow were going to be replaced. They must have been given some clear evidence that they were never going to get the orginal autos, since they've had me wait a whole lot longer than this for a redemption.I actually redeemed a bunch of autos that same day, and I'm still waiting on 2 others. I'm still waiting on a redemption I entered in to thier site back in Dec. 2010...

I looked around, and I can't find any of these for sale or sold...SP?
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

It's about even in value. However, Alex english was a more prolific scorer where as Gola was one of the originals so it's much of a muchness really...

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I would of rather had the Gola.. since I do not remember seeing his autos... English has a ton of autos out there... don't know why they would of such a huge print run, then not be able to obtain the sticker autos to slap on the cards... This is why I hate redemptions!!

I been waiting for a Elgin Baylor - Elite Black Box "elite autograph" /24 since 9/22/2011.

I tried contacting Panini via email, Facebook, & via redemption status request, but never got a response.
I don't understand why they can not create this card & ship it.. but they can insert Baylor sticker autos in Hoops, Preferred, and Past&Present... don't make since!!!

Why not produce the cards to fulfill redemptions, before creating new cards... Elite Black Box is from last year... they had all that time to get more sticker autos, make the card & ship it out...

This is why I hate Panini... I hate UD too, for the same reason regarding redemptions....

Card manufacturers should not make redemptions for cards they can not produce... it's a waist of money & time for both sides... card company & collector!!

I too, clicked on the 4 month wait time.. I don't get why Panini has an option of 4 & 6 month wait time, when they do not obide by those options...

I do not want a replacement. I want the card that I paid big bucks for & redemmed.. I want the card that was promised to me on the redemption card.

I've been waiting since 2009 for 4 Jordan Farmar UD Significance auto cards... they are sticker autos!! come on UD, I know you still have Farmar stickers around......

Funny part about UD, is they same exact picture & card was released in both UD Game Used & UD Signatures... just different product logos & one is serialized (print run /99), while the other is not... the redemption is for the one that does not have a serial number... they can make as many as they need... no questions asked.. nobody would care... but they choose not to create them... I already own both versions of this Farmar card... I own two of each... along with three of the gold version /10.

I HATE REDEMPTIONS!!

other Panini redemptions I am waiting for are...

P&P 2011 RC card # 17 (# XRCQ)
P&P 2011 RC card # 5 (# XRCE)

got two more 2011 RC's I still have to claim... I think one is # 2 or 3.. can't wait to find out what #'s correspond to what players...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Big Al English, all the way ... especially if it's in the 1980s "skyline" Nuggets uniform ... I think you did well.

(06-25-2012, 12:31 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: other Panini redemptions I am waiting for are...

P&P 2011 RC card # 17 (# XRCQ)
P&P 2011 RC card # 5 (# XRCE)

got two more 2011 RC's I still have to claim... I think one is # 2 or 3.. can't wait to find out what #'s correspond to what players...
The Letters won't determine which players are for the card until they hold the live Panini draft on Oct. 26th (I think that's the day).
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

^^^ I love how much sense that makes too
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

10 days ago panini sent an email telling me off their list
because i have not used their redemtions in 120 days
i have not bought as many of their products due to
lack of work
the stuff i did buy there were no redemptions
which is a good thing