`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering building a baseball card stock exchange type website

Considering building a baseball card stock exchange type website
I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about my prospective venture in building a stock exchange styled website for baseball cards.

I envision it as a very easy to use site where collectors can sign up free of charge and simply enter their collection portfolio, and real time values for your collection will show just as your online financial market portfolios do.

Entering cards in your collection will be simple, just point and click. For example, if you're entering a 1952 Topps Mantle RC, you would just log-in to your account, select "add a card", then a field would pop up to first select the year, which would then open a selection box with the manufacturers for that year (in this case you could only select Topps or Bowman, since they were the only card companies in 52), so you elect Topps, then the card number, and then the condition in accordance to Beckett's guide.

After inputting your card or set, the data is saved, and you will have your cards listed like stocks in your online portfolio with real time values ticking. You will always know your collections value, and have the ultimate inventory software as well.

What do you guys think?

RE: Considering building a baseball card stock exchange type website
How is that any different from Beckett's organize?
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(06-21-2012, 07:43 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: How is that any different from Beckett's organize?
I was wondering the same thing. Only difference is the OPG is not free.

How would you interest people and get them to go there? Sounds like there is nothing to offer.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

Collectors universe offered something like that years ago, not sure if it is still up.