`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!!!

Help!!!
My son has 200.00 dollars to spend and is looking to buy a box of 2012 cards. What would be his most exciting box to buy??? He wants to start collecting and we need some advice....Thanks in advance.

RE: Help!!!
for the value Bowman or Bowman Chrome

Gypsy Queen baby!!! I think others will know why I say that.

Personally I love Topps Chrome but that isn't out yet. So if you want something that's out now I'd go with Bowman. For $200 you can get 3 boxes from blowout with free shipping over $150.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

I guess it would depend on how old your son is and what his predetermined goal for collecting is. Is he interested in completing base sets, teams, or specific players? Is he interested in autographs, relics, or both?

If he's looking to build team or specific player sets and is looking for a fair mix of auto's and relics, then I would recommend mixing it up a little bit at first. Get him a box of Bowman, Heritage, and either Gypsy Queen or Archives- especially if he's only interested in collecting specific teams or players. This gives him a variety to start a nice collection on.

Show him some of the photos of the breaks a lot of these guys post on here and let him see if a specific design or insert set stands out to him and let him pick what may be exciting to him.

I guess he is collecting for the big pull. He is interested in complete sets but loves the thrill of pulling a nice card out of packs. So what would you all suggest. Thanks

If that's the case, then I would agree with the rest of the guys and say Bowman. 3 hobby boxes with free shipping will probably run around $200 depending who you order through.

thejoe2k10 thanks for you info. I think that is what I will do.

It all depends on what kind of players he collects. Bowman is cool if you are looking for prospects. If he is looking for current stars autos / gu etc. go for some Tier one, 2 autos, and a GU in each pack and they run about 85$ a pack.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(06-16-2012, 10:43 PM)tfoley25 Wrote: My son has 200.00 dollars to spend and is looking to buy a box of 2012 cards. What would be his most exciting box to buy??? He wants to start collecting and we need some advice....Thanks in advance.
I would say either a couple 2011 bowman chrome boxes or maybe a 2012 bowman jumbo box...with the latter he will have a few bucks left over toward something else

I didn't even consider the Bowman jumbo's. That would be the cheaper option by about $25 and he can pick up a Blaster or a few loose packs of something else.