`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Customs

Vintage Customs
had a few PMs to my Cowboys Ring of Honor custom cards post, asking to see more of my work......

I'm going over my annual quota for posting (which is generally just one thread a year) but here goes......

Bob Lilly pseudo-Rookie Card using the 1961 Fleer Basketball design (have also done many other members of the '61 Cowboys squad in a similar fashion)
[Image: 1961fleerboblillyproof.jpg]

Joe Namath 1965 Philadelphia pseudo-Rookie Card....only Topps had AFL rights at the time.....would've been interesting if there had been more competing card companies back then (have also done several members of the '65 Jets using this design)
[Image: 1965philadelphianamathproof.jpg]

1965 Gale Sayers pseudo-Rookie Card....his actual RC comes just a year later.....had the methods that card manufacturers have used since 1989 been in place in the 60s.....Sayers would have certainly had a card produced in the year he was drafted.....(have produced a Butkus and Piccolo from the same year---yes, Piccolo was drafted in '65 too)
[Image: 1965philadelphiasayers2proof.jpg]

1969 O.J. Simpson pseudo-RC......lots could be said about this.....but I'll keep it short and sweet---the #36 is not an error
[Image: 1969toppsojsimpsonproof.jpg]

Comments appreciated

RE: Vintage Customs
Nice work! You must have some great photoshop skills.

And only 21 posts since 1997? Lurk much Wink

(06-15-2012, 04:04 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Nice work! You must have some great photoshop skills.

And only 21 posts since 1997? Lurk much Wink

nah...don't even lurk that much......just don't visit the forums very often

correction to a bit of info I mentioned above:

Brian Piccolo was draft eligible in 1965 but not actually drafted but signed as a free agent by the Bears and assigned to the taxi squad......it dawned on me while I was out and about today that I had worded that incorrectly

very niceSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index