`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Old Label Vs New Label??

BGS Old Label Vs New Label??
Posted this here as the grading threads are always dead.

But what is your opinion/thoughts on Old Vs New Labels for BGS graded cards. Do the old labels carry a premium as they graded "harder" back then, or less of a premium or no difference?

I have a couple old labels that annoy me because there scratched up, but don't want to make the switch if I am losing value. Let me know what you think.

RE: BGS Old Label Vs New Label??
Any thoughts on this?

I personally think the new label looks better
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

I like them better as well, but before switching I want to make sure I am not losing some value on them.

I think its one of those things were some people came up with this idea that the old bgs were more strict grading their cards. There isnt any truth to this. As long as the label says BGS it doesnt matter when the graded was graded. Gem mint then is the same as gem mint now.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(06-15-2012, 01:36 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I think its one of those things were some people came up with this idea that the old bgs were more strict grading their cards. There isnt any truth to this. As long as the label says BGS it doesnt matter when the graded was graded. Gem mint then is the same as gem mint now.
Thanks for the thoughts. Anyone else have a similar or different opinion? Want to see what people think about it...

Put one of each side by side so I can see the difference. If you don't mind.

Old
[Image: DSC05091.jpg]

New
[Image: DSC05079.jpg]

Ahhhh...Yeah. The subs are on the front. I don't think it matters personally.

old look is much cleaner, i personally like it better. wouldnt make me pay more for it though