`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New MJ Pickups

New MJ Pickups
I have been eying up a high-grade 1985 Nike Jordan card, and in the process came across these that I picked up for $33 a piece:
[Image: %24(KGrHqF,!p0E-vfPyY-2BP0WUmdZGw~~60_12.JPG]
[Image: %24(KGrHqF,!o0E-v8dq4S4BP0WW68VN!~~60_12.JPG]
I was hoping to get them for $20-$25 each but got caught up in the moment and spent a little extra. Do you think I got a good deal, paid about the right price, or overpaid for these?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: New MJ Pickups
It is tough to say whether or not you overpaid on BGS 9.5. I was able to pick up the entire set, ungraded, for $6.50 + shipping. Granted my cards would not grade a BGS 9.5. I have noticed that these cards are gaining popularity on Ebay (or at least when I was looking for the set they were popular). The BV however does not represent the SV of these cards. Do you know the population report on these cards? I believe that would give you some insight on if you paid too much.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I know they sell pretty cheap in ungraded condition. I was considering buying a set ungraded, but usually a few of the cards have noticeable condition flaws. There are only around 30 of each card in the set graded by BGS (184 total) and there is only 1 BGS10 out of all of them (and that's of card #3). So right now I have the highest available grades for the 2 cards I got. I am pretty sure I overpaid a little, but I am hoping that the set starts gaining in popularity more as Jordan collectors start looking for more oddball cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

(06-15-2012, 02:52 PM)djohn Wrote: I know they sell pretty cheap in ungraded condition. I was considering buying a set ungraded, but usually a few of the cards have noticeable condition flaws. There are only around 30 of each card in the set graded by BGS (184 total) and there is only 1 BGS10 out of all of them (and that's of card #3). So right now I have the highest available grades for the 2 cards I got. I am pretty sure I overpaid a little, but I am hoping that the set starts gaining in popularity more as Jordan collectors start looking for more oddball cards.
Yes, I would agree with everything you said. You might have over paid a little but the great thing about MJ is that his cards typically do not lose value, but mostly gain. So even though the cards might not be worth what you paid now, that doesnt mean they wont in the near future.

I got a couple more for about $30 a piece, so that seems to be what they are currently going for.
[Image: %24(KGrHqVHJFQE+TingyIGBP2qTFzPqQ~~60_58.JPG]
[Image: %24(KGrHqVHJC0E-P4zwS5+BP2qVZCfPw~~60_58.JPG]
Though, I accidentally bought another one of #6, as I got caught up in the bidding again and didn't realize I had already bought that one. However there have only been 6 graded a BGS9.5, so maybe I didn't do too bad.
[Image: %24(KGrHqJ,!j!E+EiQw5BgBP2qdjT3c!~~60_58.JPG]
I did manage to get a steal, as I got the following BGS9 for $2. Considering this is one of the toughest to get in high grade due to centering issues, I know I got a steal. Only 2 BGS9.5 and 5 BGS9, with the majority of the cards grading BGS8. If I can upgrade to a BGS9.5 without spending too much I might.
[Image: %24(KGrHqV,!qUE-Z!4mcLQBP2qbQFKZQ~~60_58.JPG]
I just need to find a #1 in high grade. Considering there are only 3 graded as BG9.5 and I watched one sell for over $50, I may have to settle for a BGS9 when one comes up.

Yeah, I was actually going to tell you I was watching a couple of these BGS 9.5's to see what they sold for and they were going for $25-30 each.

i would say that its not that bad of a price for them, by the way great cards

Can't go wrong with any MJ's really....