`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads Up on Leaf Young Stars Blasters

Heads Up on Leaf Young Stars Blasters

Hey guys, I just bought a blaster of Leaf Young Stars football at Walmart ... says like five different places on the box to look out for US Army All-American Bowl cards in addition to 2012 draft pick cards.

Being a Barry Sanders fan I was hoping to pick up at least a base card of Barry Sanders Jr. ... but apparently the All-American cards are only part of the auto set, because every base card was just 2012 draft picks.

Also, as with the other Leaf retail draft stuff so far, the collation was not good — I got like five of some guys and zero of others (like RGIII, LOL)

I did get two autos — and they're nicely packaged in penny sleeves and top loaders inside a team bag — one of which was a US Army auto (Chad Voytik, QB, going to Pitt)

But, the wording on the blasters was pretty deceiving, in my opinion, so just wanted to put it out there ... RJ

RE: Heads Up on Leaf Young Stars Blasters
Ive seen those and almost got one. Went for Bowman instead. Are they 2 autos per box or did you just get luck?
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(06-12-2012, 11:03 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: Ive seen those and almost got one. Went for Bowman instead. Are they 2 autos per box or did you just get luck?
They are two autos a box guaranteed, I got one Army All-American auto and one regular draft pick auto (Brandon Mosely, OT, Auburn/Giants) ... I don't know if you're supposed to get one of each, but I know I won't buy another box to find out.

I was pretty disappointed, especially considering the collation of the base cards — no RG3, no Blackmon, no Richardson, but I got like five of some of the other guys.

My only hope is that the Chad Voytik auto works out .. I guess he's going to Pitt.

Oh well, a QB auto, you never know. He does have a cool signature, and it is a nice-looking card.

I bought one and got Lamichael James auto,Box states that there are 2 autos on average I got a bunch of decent players base cards and a bunch of people Ive never heard of lol
Photobucket

I can use the Brandon Moseley auto if its FT. LMK thanks
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I really have no idea what the original poster is talking about the packaging - at the ones they had at the local Wally World it very clearly said "Look for All American Bowl Autos" - no mention of All American base cards. Reading is fundamental.

Picked up a box - generated two undrafted free agent wide receivers Gerral Robinson (Arizona State - to Denver) and Thomas Mayo (California (PA) to Oakland). Also a whole lot of repetitive cards where I got several of the same players (at least I got many repeats of high draft picks)

I bought a box of this a while back and got a Kellen Moore auto and a Broderick Green auto.

(06-14-2012, 08:56 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I really have no idea what the original poster is talking about the packaging - at the ones they had at the local Wally World it very clearly said "Look for All American Bowl Autos" - no mention of All American base cards. Reading is fundamental.

Picked up a box - generated two undrafted free agent wide receivers Gerral Robinson (Arizona State - to Denver) and Thomas Mayo (California (PA) to Oakland). Also a whole lot of repetitive cards where I got several of the same players (at least I got many repeats of high draft picks)
Yes, but when it's called "Young Stars" and Army All-American cards are plastered on all four sides of the box, auto or not, one would assume ...

Also, it never explicitly said anywhere that the packs only contained 2012 draft picks.

So it was really the lack of information that threw me, not the other way around.

Plus, some of the other posters have reported — yourself included — that they didn't even get an All-American auto.

Sooooo, while "reading is fundamental," so is the fact that card companies shouldn't mislead collectors.

If you thought the boxes were fine, great, buy some more. I just won't be, that's all.

(06-14-2012, 08:56 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I really have no idea what the original poster is talking about the packaging - at the ones they had at the local Wally World it very clearly said "Look for All American Bowl Autos" - no mention of All American base cards. Reading is fundamental.

i have to agree...i also saw the packaging and it is straight forward as well...i am staying away from this stuff though

(06-18-2012, 06:52 PM)rwgreen Wrote: i have to agree...i also saw the packaging and it is straight forward as well...i am staying away from this stuff though
These replies always crack me up ... I try to do something nice and helpful for the board, AKA "buyer beware" and I get people basically saying "you're a moron for not reading the box."

I did read the box, actually.

Nowhere on the box does it NOT say that it does NOT include Army All-American base cards, or that it ONLY includes 2012 draft picks for the base cards.

I've been busting blasters for over 15 years, and I know when something is a good deal and when it's not.

These Young Stars boxes are misleading, trust me.

I never said they lie to you ... I said they're misleading. There's a difference. Look it up.

By not telling you what you get, and based on the wording and photos plastered all over the box, it would be a fair assumption to think the base cards are a mix of draft picks and AAA guys.

You don't agree, fine, go ahead and buy them all so they don't take up space on the shelf forever and they can put something else in there worth buying.

If somebody else had posted what I posted before I went to WalMart that day, I would not have bought one.

Hopefully I saved some people some money so that they can spend on something else.

If the peanut gallery is smarter than I am, so be it.