`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
classless KG and rondo

RE: classless KG and rondo
I don't think it's right to walk off without shaking hands with your opponents, especially before the game has ended, but losing is something that's difficult to deal with especially at such an important moment. It is easy to criticize people when you're looking from the sidelines. Give them a break.

Relax people, this isn't grade school or even high school, there is no reason you should have to shake hands after a game. Emotions can run very high in a hard fought game, and you shouldn't have to pretend that you are happy after you lost period.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Everyone says it about Lebrun because he did that to himself. Just because you're probably a Raptors fan and never had the glory the celtics had doesn't mean you gotta hate. No one expected this of them and look what they did? They proved all the doubters wrong and made it to within 1 win of the. Finals. Take our "classless" comments elsewhere
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(06-10-2012, 01:22 AM)Mattf1975 Wrote: WOW. Give me a break. Both Garnett & Rondo should have done what pretty much all other athletes do after a playoff series ends & show respect for their opponents & themselves. Definately agree classless. Lebron, Bosh, Wade deserve props for coming up big when it mattered.
Are you sure about that ?

ive been hooping for a long damn time, organized, pickup, whatever. played with guys that played in the NBA, d-1 big time schools

there isnt a tradition in hoops of handshakes after the game. if folks feel like it, theyll do it. i never saw it in high school - mainly because our team was a bunch of goons (i kid)

but ive never seen a player get upset because of a lack of handshakes after the game. ive played thousands of games, and only remember high-fiving or handshaking the OTHER team a few times

the only folks ive ever seen get upset are fans, and fans who usually have never played organized hoops. or folks that just have an agenda

anyone who whines about handshakes after a game? they dont know basketball. period

I'm pretty sure that's why players do it before the tip off...for moments like that. lol

(06-10-2012, 07:25 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Are you sure about that ?

I was at that game as an Orlando season ticket holder. It was awesome! To stay on topic, I see it both ways. As a lot of people have said, they put a lot into the series and it's probably hard to control their emotions. On the other hand, they are professional athletes, so they need to be professional. Either way, Go Thunder!

(06-10-2012, 04:24 PM)Sbaker444 Wrote: I was at that game as an Orlando season ticket holder. It was awesome! To stay on topic, I see it both ways. As a lot of people have said, they put a lot into the series and it's probably hard to control their emotions. On the other hand, they are professional athletes, so they need to be professional. Either way, Go Thunder!
but there is nothing in the professional code, written or unwritten about handshakes AFTER the game

this isnt about professionalism

(06-10-2012, 04:32 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: but there is nothing in the professional code, written or unwritten about handshakes AFTER the game

this isnt about professionalism
Like I said, I see both sides, but storming off the court with time still on the clock doesn't really seem like something a person who gets paid millions of dollars should be doing. They probably should've at least waited until the clock ran completely out. I actually like the old school style better where opposing players didn't really like each other. Don't shake hands for all I care, but at least stay until the buzzer sounds. As far as classless, no I don't think they're classless, just not a real smart move.

I don't care for the handshaking... But they should have stay with their team, the guys they battled with... If they are gonna be there next year should be irrelevant...
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector