`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gripe...

A gripe...
I normally dont complain but had 2 ebay auctions i bid on this week that i was winning at .99 but both listings were pulled. This being one of them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc

It gets kinda disheartning being a collector and having people pull auctions because they arent going for what they want. if thats the case, put a buy it now on it.....
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

RE: A gripe...
its ebay! why do u have to post it on here? that bugs me. this is beckett and i come to read about beckett issues not ebays!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(06-09-2012, 10:04 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: its ebay! why do u have to post it on here? that bugs me. this is beckett and i come to read about beckett issues not ebays!
Dont like it, dont read it?!? You validated it with a response so........
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

(06-09-2012, 10:04 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: its ebay! why do u have to post it on here? that bugs me. this is beckett and i come to read about beckett issues not ebays!
i understand your sentiment, however: it's a forum about collecting, and ebay plays a big part of that

that being said, the ebay rants are tiresome.

to the OP: it's the seller's item, and their prerogative. get over it - you are not entitled to the card

(06-09-2012, 10:11 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i understand your sentiment, however: it's a forum about collecting, and ebay plays a big part of that

that being said, the ebay rants are tiresome.

to the OP: it's the seller's item, and their prerogative. get over it - you are not entitled to the card
I agree. It does suck when sellers do that, but like stated above, its theirs, not ours, and they can do want they want. Yes, it gets old, just like the ebay rant threads, but I jus make a note of that seller and if I see them do it more than once, then I stay away from them. Jus move on and hopefully find something better Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(06-09-2012, 10:22 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I agree. It does suck when sellers do that, but like stated above, its theirs, not ours, and they can do want they want. Yes, it gets old, just like the ebay rant threads, but I jus make a note of that seller and if I see them do it more than once, then I stay away from them. Jus move on and hopefully find something better Smile
+1... get over it... there are ALWAYS more cards to buy from LEGIT sellers... you will be just fine...

What is it that makes the seller non "legit"? Anyone who spends any amount of time on ebay knows auctions get their most action within the last 5 minutes. I have seen cards go from $50 to $200 in a matter of 30 seconds. To say he pulled it early because "it wasnt going for what he wanted" is most likely false. I would place my money on he got an offer and sold it out from under you. As an active seller I list my cards in 3 or 4 different places, as well as for trade here. If the card sells elsewhere it is pulled from ebay, if it is traded elsewhere it is pulled from ebay whether you bid on it or not. The old adage "Money talks, BS walks" is most likely in play here. My advice to you - If you want a card bad enough to complain about the card AND/OR the seller, then make an offer. You cant fault a seller for pulling an item because YOU wanted to get the best price possible and couldnt be bothered to offer on it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(06-09-2012, 09:59 PM)charps Wrote: I normally dont complain but had 2 ebay auctions i bid on this week that i was winning at .99 but both listings were pulled. This being one of them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc

It gets kinda disheartning being a collector and having people pull auctions because they arent going for what they want. if thats the case, put a buy it now on it.....
Makes me want to punch the seller right in the face for doing it!!! lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I think that it sucks that they pull them like that but there is nothing you can do it but those are the same sellers that whine and complain because someone bid on their card but doesnt pay fast enough or wants to retract their bid and now they want to use the whole when you bid its a legal binding contract that you are to pay for it ....E-bay is what it is I buy and sell on their and have done it since 05 but its really the only place, me personally I would take note and not bid on nothing of Theirs just my 2 cents
Photobucket