`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the Bobcats do with the 2nd pick?

What should the Bobcats do with the 2nd pick?
I have seen many different ideas that have been considered and Im interested to hear what you have to say on the subject so this is really "What would YOU do if you're in Jordan's shoes. I personally believe they should take Harrison Barnes. I know he didn't live up to the hype in college but the Bobcats need to score points and sell tickets and I believe that is what this hometown guy brings to the table. Drafting a scorer here is a start in the right direction on building this franchise in my opinion. Ive also heard of them considering trading the pick for a couple other picks. But I want to hear your opinion so lets hear what you think.

RE: What should the Bobcats do with the 2nd pick?
I'd take either Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes. Barnes is a really safe pick while MKG is drafting more based on potential and a high motor. If neither of these two blow you away then possibly trading down or trading for a proven player. I wouldnt take Robinson, I think he has peaked and you know what you are getting kind of how Okafor was when he came out(Solid player just not gonna be a great player).

Yeah I agree with Barnes being a safe pick and staying away from Robinson. Right now they have Biyombo and Mullens which I know isnt great but Biyombo could be a real threat on the defensive side. I see the motor on MKG and his leadership but he isnt a great scorer and thats what Charlotte needs since their leading scorer was Henderson with 15 ppg.

First thing they need to do is see who is willing to trade up to the 2nd pick to get MKG and what they are willing to give up... If they can trade down and stay in the top 5 and get Barnes and either another Player or later or even a next year 1st rd pick i think would be the best move for them.. Dont have the time now but ill throw out a few trade Scenarios later..

(06-09-2012, 12:26 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: First thing they need to do is see who is willing to trade up to the 2nd pick to get MKG and what they are willing to give up... If they can trade down and stay in the top 5 and get Barnes and either another Player or later or even a next year 1st rd pick i think would be the best move for them.. Dont have the time now but ill throw out a few trade Scenarios later..
The idea of getting a couple picks and staying in the top five to get Barnes is probably the best scenario for them. Id love to see some of your trade scenarios later.

I was reading something earlier where if they move the 2nd pick then Tyrus Thomas or Diop would be most likely going with it.

(06-09-2012, 12:43 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I was reading something earlier where if they move the 2nd pick then Tyrus Thomas or Diop would be most likely going with it.
I heard the same. I believe its to free up some cap. This team can improve a good bit with a good draft and signing some key FAs. Then again I doubt many FAs are attracted to Charlotte at the moment.

depending on what they might be able to trade the pick for. if they take the pick they need thomas robinson. since anthony isnt available they need to take another power forward. they dont need guards or small forward. bismack will be or should be center. hell be great when he bulks up. maggette is about to retire so power forward is a desperate need. there is already going to be a huge cap sapce so trading to pick seems like a small possibility unless its for a star player which wont happen in this draft class. im pretty sure they are going to pick up robinson and are just weighing their options. gilchrist probly wont be a bobcat and barnes would be a better fit somewhere else. they are not looking to get a bench player or someone who needs time to adjust. robinson is nba ready.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(06-09-2012, 02:16 PM)quavis Wrote: depending on what they might be able to trade the pick for. if they take the pick they need thomas robinson. since anthony isnt available they need to take another power forward. they dont need guards or small forward. bismack will be or should be center. hell be great when he bulks up. maggette is about to retire so power forward is a desperate need. there is already going to be a huge cap sapce so trading to pick seems like a small possibility unless its for a star player which wont happen in this draft class. im pretty sure they are going to pick up robinson and are just weighing their options. gilchrist probly wont be a bobcat and barnes would be a better fit somewhere else. they are not looking to get a bench player or someone who needs time to adjust. robinson is nba ready.
Maggette plays small forward so thats why MGK and Barnes are both in the mix for that pick. I do agree that Robinson is NBA ready but like jdetter said Robinson may have peaked already and have an Okafor like effect. Thats why I lean towards tradind down or picking a SF.

mkg is 6' 6''. he wont be a small forward in the nba.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]