`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron

RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron
(06-11-2012, 04:26 PM)william2012 Wrote: every athlete cheats, except for maybe tim tebow, LMAO. nothing else is even an argument. your bringing up personal lives, im telling you how lebron treated the only fans who were loyal to him. kobe doesnt have some ridiculous im the best pre game ritual either, and kobe has never quit on his team ever. kobe didnt tell everyone he was the best he showed it. lebron he tells everyone hes the best with nothing to back it up yet....we can talk paper all you want, but paper doesnt make a player great, it takes so much more than statistics....kobe and jordan just happened to have those too.
It's not even the cheating as it was throwing a teammate under the bus. Yep that’s real leadership qualities there. Lebron quit on one game and you bring that up. Stats tell a lot and yes your right Kobe has the rings with a better supporting cast than Lebron did all the way up till last year and where did Kobe and the Lakers go last year and this year, home to watch Lebron play for his first Championship ring. He blew it last year do I think it was from all the pressure, yes I do. Will that affect him this year? Not sure time will tell but it takes a lot of heart to bring a team with no one worth mentioning except himself and he did that in Cleveland where he made it to the finals only to lose as it was 3 or 4 against 1 as far as players that were worth anything.
(06-11-2012, 08:03 PM)tristanrules Wrote: Kobe likes the pass the blame on others and never himself

Sign of a leader? SUREEE
My guess is he hates Lebron like my brother dose but he doesn’t have a reason unless he is a Cleveland fan and even then Cleveland did him wrong before Lebron did them wrong.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I didnt get a chance to read this whole thread but what caught my eye was people stating kobe won the first 3 rings because of shaq?? Thats kinda absurd..yes shaq played a big part in those championships but kobe deserves just as much credit..if shaq won it on his own why didnt he win any with penny while he was in his prime? Hmm...it took teaming up with kobe to get a ring and kobe then proved he could win two more without him, shaq moved on to just win 1 more..moving on from that, i can guarantee 20-30 years from now kobe will be remembered more for his greatness than lebron unless bron magically catches up and starts wining rings..im also pretty sure lebron wont be able to play at kobes level when he reaches 34yo..what kobe is doing at his age is right now is more than impressive and i cant think of anyone else averaging almost 30 that late in a career..can anyone else?
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(06-11-2012, 09:44 PM)robd5811 Wrote: I didnt get a chance to read this whole thread but what caught my eye was people stating kobe won the first 3 rings because of shaq?? Thats kinda absurd..yes shaq played a big part in those championships but kobe deserves just as much credit..if shaq won it on his own why didnt he win any with penny while he was in his prime? Hmm...it took teaming up with kobe to get a ring and kobe then proved he could win two more without him, shaq moved on to just win 1 more..moving on from that, i can guarantee 20-30 years from now kobe will be remembered more for his greatness than lebron unless bron magically catches up and starts wining rings..im also pretty sure lebron wont be able to play at kobes level when he reaches 34yo..what kobe is doing at his age is right now is more than impressive and i cant think of anyone else averaging almost 30 that late in a career..can anyone else?
So you know the future and what Lebron will do in his 30's? You act like Kobe was the first player to play great in his mid-30's. The fact of the matter is Shaq got help from Kobe and Shaq had to contest with a younger Jordan in his younger years and probably the reason why he didn't win any till the Lakers. Winning the Finals MVP 3 times in a row tells me the Lakers would not be there if it was not for him. Not saying Kobe didn't play a part of winning he just wasn't the major contributor on his 1st 3 titles making his next 2 easier to win as the pressure is off on getting the 1st one. Lebron even with Wade and Bosh is the major player there and it was Wade’s team and now its Lebron's team with Wade and Bosh as the side kicks.

Ok your sayin he isnt the first one to play great in his mid 30s but you havent named anyone...if lebron is the greatest in the world then he would of won a ring last year..this is his 9th season so whats the hold up? Like i said kobe won two more after shaq so you saying it was because of shaq is just stupid..when lebron wins "A" ring then you can maybe start saying hes the best of his time...yes bron averages a couple more rebounds and assist then kobe but they play two diff positions kobes job is to shoot the basketball...stats arent everything guy
TRADE BUCKET

I would say Kobe ...i have seen kobe play when he was younger in the 90's when the NBA played very good individual/team defense.It is hard to compare players from the old to players now.I give the nod to alot of players who played in the 90's when there was more quality depth aswell as good overall defense.Kobe Bryant gets my vote.
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

there is no need for a long strung out answer here, it is Kobe without question. Lebron is more physical and stronger but that is all he has on Kobe. I think the real question is Kobe Vs Durant...who is better.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

+1 ^^...ive been watchin bball since the early 90s and alot of the younger crowd watching todays ball cant really understand what kobe did in his prime..im not taking anything from lebron but the truth is kobe will always be the pick of the two..i would like to give durant a couple more years before we start a mamba vs durantula thread lol but i think it would be a better discussion rather than bron
TRADE BUCKET

(06-11-2012, 10:59 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Ok your sayin he isnt the first one to play great in his mid 30s but you havent named anyone...if lebron is the greatest in the world then he would of won a ring last year..this is his 9th season so whats the hold up? Like i said kobe won two more after shaq so you saying it was because of shaq is just stupid..when lebron wins "A" ring then you can maybe start saying hes the best of his time...yes bron averages a couple more rebounds and assist then kobe but they play two diff positions kobes job is to shoot the basketball...stats arent everything guy
Your already saying Lebron will be average in his 30's but we honestly have no clue. Pressure got to him last yeat and the 7 years before that he was with Cleveland who had no one great around him like the others had as was stated before. I just feel Lebron will be hated until he gets a ring. Even the other 2 Kobe rings he had better supporting cast than Lebron did while in Cleveland.
(06-11-2012, 11:32 PM)robd5811 Wrote: +1 ^^...ive been watchin bball since the early 90s and alot of the younger crowd watching todays ball cant really understand what kobe did in his prime..im not taking anything from lebron but the truth is kobe will always be the pick of the two..i would like to give durant a couple more years before we start a mamba vs durantula thread lol but i think it would be a better discussion rather than bron
Oh and just saying Kobes first couple years he was average at best as I remember the 90's as well and he wasn't even started to be cosidered great till 1999 to 2000. So saying he was great in the 90's is not true. Lebron has been great ever since he joined the NBA from Highschool just like Kobe.

Never said he was great in the early 90s, i said ive been watching ball since early90s...kobe was the first player to come out out highschool yes im not saying he was great but they felt he was better learning from the bench from veterans that were on la already...there are more ans more players coming out of highschool going to nba now..back in the 90s it was unheard of...people can blame bron not winning a ring because the team sucked all they want, if that was the case they would of never made the finals...im not sayin cleveland was the dream team but they certainly werent a bunch of scrubs and then Bron..idc how great u are u cant take a team of scrubs to a championship...idk if i mentioned this before kobe was robbed of the mvp title a couple times so that mvp talk is neither here nor there..if bron wins at least 3 rings then maybe we can have this convo again and i might agree with u
TRADE BUCKET

Not a huge Lebron fan, Wade has turned me from a fan to a non-fan (whinning) and I still like Bosh even though he equally screwed the Raptors. However with all the heat and hatred they have taken over the past 2 seasons I feel sorry for them. I would like for them to win just so everyone will just shutup and move on. Fans need to get over the BS. This is not the first time players and went to a location where they think they have a better chance to win. I understand the Cavs and Raptor fans being upset as they could have gotten something in return if those players just tols the teams their intentions before the season ended and they walked away.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.