`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions: Legends in Other Uniforms

Opinions: Legends in Other Uniforms
Do you guys like seeing Legends with cards where they are in Uniform other then the ones they are most known for?

For example i just got a Moses Malone GU where he is in a Bucks Uniform and i never even knew he played there. Everyone remembers Moses playing for Philly or Houston or even atlanta but the BUCKS?

For me I dont like it at all it really annoys me. I want my legend cards to show them In there Glory days not the Broken down hanging on last few years..

What are your Opinions?

RE: Opinions: Legends in Other Uniforms
Because it's a GU card I'm assuming it was made after he was done playing. I mean, there are some KIND of benefits to it, if you're a hard core collector for that player. Say you've got pretty much every kind of card that person has; refractor, GU from Philly, Autographs, high end inserts, etc. But what would really set your collection apart is having something from parts of his career most people don't know about. Now, if this was a regular occurrence where all post playing days cards were from a season or two when they didn't make a splash, I can kind of agree with that. But if there are occasional cards that step outside of the box, awesome. Panini made a Kobe card (or a few) of him in his high school jersey. Those aren't very common, so they're sought after some.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

So Bill Laimbeer started his Career in Cleveland played there 2 years. You wouldnt mind seeing cards in Current Product with him in Cavs Uniform?

Also to me College and HS uniforms dont count..

(06-08-2012, 09:06 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: So Bill Laimbeer started his Career in Cleveland played there 2 years. You wouldnt mind seeing cards in Current Product with him in Cavs Uniform?

Also to me College and HS uniforms dont count..
Seeing as how I'm a Team Collector and not a Player Collector, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Smile I've seen Rodman cards from the Bulls and Spurs, and that doesn't bother me. I would have loved to see him in more Pistons cards, but then I'd have to fight with folk for them. Smile

(06-08-2012, 09:18 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Seeing as how I'm a Team Collector and not a Player Collector, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Smile I've seen Rodman cards from the Bulls and Spurs, and that doesn't bother me. I would have loved to see him in more Pistons cards, but then I'd have to fight with folk for them. Smile
See i dont mind seeing Rodman in Bulls and spurs. Players play for other teams that Happens. He played Well for those other teams and won championships.. But Rodman Finished his Career with 2 bad stints with the Lakers and Mavs do Rodman collectors really want cards of him in those Uniforms?

As a Celtic Collector it would actually annoy me to see GU or Autos of Robert Parish in a Bulls Uniform or Charolette cuz thats not who the Chief was he was a Celtic. I could live with Golden State but the other 2 would burn me up..

(06-08-2012, 09:28 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: See i dont mind seeing Rodman in Bulls and spurs. Players play for other teams that Happens. He played Well for those other teams and won championships.. But Rodman Finished his Career with 2 bad stints with the Lakers and Mavs do Rodman collectors really want cards of him in those Uniforms?

As a Celtic Collector it would actually annoy me to see GU or Autos of Robert Parish in a Bulls Uniform or Charolette cuz thats not who the Chief was he was a Celtic. I could live with Golden State but the other 2 would burn me up..
lol. I can kind of appreciate that.

If your a player collector it wouldn't matter what uni there in, a team collector would only collect the team uni they collect. For example robert parish played for the warriors early in his career but is more known as playing for the celtics, then latter at the end of his career the hornets. I like to see him as a celtic but wouldn't mind seeing him with other teams but wouldn't collect them. Its good I guess because it would mean less of having to pick up cards of him in a celtic uni. I have over 3,000 different celtics of I think 24,000 ish total so I really only want to see the legends in celtic uniforms.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I wouldn't want to be a Michael Jordan collector because I can't stand the other team he played with. Peace out!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(06-08-2012, 08:55 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: Do you guys like seeing Legends with cards where they are in Uniform other then the ones they are most known for?

For example i just got a Moses Malone GU where he is in a Bucks Uniform and i never even knew he played there. Everyone remembers Moses playing for Philly or Houston or even atlanta but the BUCKS?

For me I dont like it at all it really annoys me. I want my legend cards to show them In there Glory days not the Broken down hanging on last few years..

What are your Opinions?
If that's really how you feel you should swap me that Havlicek OSU-uni plate for the Allen auto I just picked up, plus any other lower-end Celtics I've got that you might need, of course Smile

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-08-2012, 03:02 PM)buckunteer Wrote: If that's really how you feel you should swap me that Havlicek OSU-uni plate for the Allen auto I just picked up, plus any other lower-end Celtics I've got that you might need, of course Smile
Read down a couple posts i said College and HS uni's dont count..

plus i double checked and dont need the Allen i thought i did .. but i need the Bird Wink