`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Boxes of 2011-12 Between The Pipes

3 Boxes of 2011-12 Between The Pipes
Now with this thread named as it is you would most likely assume that I would then post scans of my breaks. I am not going to bore you with them this time though. I just wanted to let you all know that this years BTP has to be the lousiest stuff I have ever broken. When i broke the first box i figured ok things have to get better. Well I can't say they did. This release is a joke. I am normally pretty happy with ITG (primarily their BTP stuff) but I have to warn you folks. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. You would think that ITG could do alot better for their 10th Anniversary release. All I can say is WOW!!!
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

RE: 3 Boxes of 2011-12 Between The Pipes
That is a shame for your luck, as BTP is a fantastic product. I have opened four boxes of the stuff and hit above average to extraordinary stuff each time and I have been incredibly pleased with the product (my second favorite year for BTP for hits besides 2009-10). I have gotten nice autographs, rare memorabilia hits, and have been very pleased each time, especially after that disaster of the 2010-11 Between the Pipes product.

You may have just gotten some lousy boxes and as unfortunate as it is, it truly happens to all of us at some point. Since you did not share your hits, I have seen a lot of people's standards over the past few years have become perhaps too high. Again, not singling you out because you probably did get defeated in your breaks, but unless some collectors hit an octuple patch 1/1 with autographs of all the winningest goalies in history, that were also touched by the presidents of the United States, coated in gold, rubbed in diamonds, and touched by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins then they are unhappy.

If you were shorted hits then contact ITG directly. In fact, if you contact ITG directly about your boxes no matter the hits, they can listen to constructive feedback and almost always listen when it comes to the following year's product!

Believe me when I tell you I don't expect cards touched by presidents or naked women or any of that stuff. ;-)

But when my biggest return on a ~$80-$90 box is at most two $20 cards I take exception. I mean this was really a joke.

What did you get?

I broke 2 boxes and made out very well.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Autographs... I don't know who any of these guys are except Jack Campbell

Adam Morrison
Drew MacIntyre
Denis Herron
Ed Chadwick
Gilles Gilbert
Jack Campbell
Keith Kinkaid
Thomas Greiss

Masked Men Memorabilia Marc-Andre Fleury Silver
Franchise Jersey Kari Lehtonen, Mike Smith, Ed Belfour
Countrymen Jersey Silver Miikka Kiprusoff
Game Used Jersey Silver Thomas Greiss
Game Used Jersey Silver Jonathan Bernier
Aspire Jersey Silver Martin Jones/Jonathan Bernier

Not a single patch card or decent looking jersey card in the bunch.

I think you just had a bad day at the office. I love ITG and when I buy a box, I am not disappointed.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

The autographs were pretty brutal for sure. MacIntyre is a part-time NHLer, you got a few 70s NHL guys, Kinkaid (NJ Devils prospect), and Greiss (current San Jose Sharks back-up). Not the best combination of players for sure.

The Fleury IS particularly nice and #/10, which is definitely better than a $20 card to a real Fleury collector. The Franchise jersey is not that bad either, but the rest are pretty meh.

I definitely say that it is a case of three wrong choice boxes, though, as I still stand by what I said in that it is not a bad product at all. I have opened four boxes and have been nothing but happy. My notable hits included M.A. Fleury SP auto, Quick auto, Osgood Jumbo Glove #/10, Johnson Jumbo Glove #/10, Lundqvist Jumbo Pad #/10, Kiprusoff Jumbo Pad #/10, Franchise: Niemi/Nabokov/Vernon, Craig Anderson Patch #/19, Mike Murphy Patch #/19.

(06-07-2012, 09:50 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Autographs... I don't know who any of these guys are except Jack Campbell

Adam Morrison
Drew MacIntyre
Denis Herron
Ed Chadwick
Gilles Gilbert
Jack Campbell
Keith Kinkaid
Thomas Greiss

Masked Men Memorabilia Marc-Andre Fleury Silver
Franchise Jersey Kari Lehtonen, Mike Smith, Ed Belfour
Countrymen Jersey Silver Miikka Kiprusoff
Game Used Jersey Silver Thomas Greiss
Game Used Jersey Silver Jonathan Bernier
Aspire Jersey Silver Martin Jones/Jonathan Bernier

Not a single patch card or decent looking jersey card in the bunch.

With the breaks you had I wouldn't complain either. Also based on what you are telling me it seems like ITG's collation and the spread of wealth could have been done alot better.

Sorry to hear that Vad. PM sent!
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I have seen many great breaks of this stuff so far this year, and it almost convinced me to buy a box or two. Alas... my LCS does not like ITG at all and will not get any in. Haha! Too bad that you had a pretty bad few breaks, Vad. I hope that it gets better for you next time!

Randi