`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First-ever COMC mailday w/ scans :)

RE: First-ever COMC mailday w/ scans :)
(06-06-2012, 09:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Always good deals to be had at COMC. BTW that 1996 Bowmans Best Refractor set is way underrated, great design imo.

I particularly love the atomic refractor which I also have. Amusingly, now I only need the base card for that mini-rainbow.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Hey
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the Members Only Top Crop and did they have another one for sale?

(06-06-2012, 10:54 PM)akaus Wrote: Hey
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the Members Only Top Crop and did they have another one for sale?
I paid less than $1 for it, but it's not a members only. In fact, I don't think they paralleled those, at least according to Beckett.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(06-06-2012, 01:36 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Though I enjoy busting wax more, as I started acquainting myself with this site, I quickly realized I could pick up a lot of my PC players not named Michael Jordan on the cheap.

Spent about $28 including shipping and putting every item I would normally PC in a toploader (autos/GUs/$10+ cards). The cards were all in fabulous shape, and all told I got over $125 in bv for nothing but PC cards! Here are the basketball highlights.

[Image: COMCMitchpickups001.jpg]

The Fleer Prominence is /125 and is now the lowest numbered Mitch in my PC! The Bowman's Best and mystery finest are both refractors.

Also picked up a few football Buckeyes, I think the helmet sticker card is wicked!

[Image: COMCBuckeyepickups001.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile
Nice looking stuff man. I have used this site a lot to pick up MJ set cards that I need that are typically $1 each. Nothing huge like you picked up, but a good way to complete sets.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I think he is right about the members only. If you look across the card it says Member's Only all over it. The regular version wouldn't have that part.

Very nice. I love getting maildays from COMC. I usually do one whenever they put on a shipping discount deal. Last time I had over 300 cards shipped, and I now have around 100 waiting for me to take delivery.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-07-2012, 01:08 PM)djohn Wrote: Very nice. I love getting maildays from COMC. I usually do one whenever they put on a shipping discount deal. Last time I had over 300 cards shipped, and I now have around 100 waiting for me to take delivery.
How often do they do Shipping Discount Deals? Next time you see one Post it or PM Me
(06-07-2012, 01:03 PM)bballkm32 Wrote: I think he is right about the members only. If you look across the card it says Member's Only all over it. The regular version wouldn't have that part.
Buck I think this is the Card you have

http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-9...er-3125150

(06-07-2012, 01:23 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: How often do they do Shipping Discount Deals? Next time you see one Post it or PM Me

Buck I think this is the Card you have

http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-9...er-3125150
yeah that's what it is. Says it on the COMC receipt too. I tried searching top crop instead of members only. I paid $.99 for it though according to the receipt. I tried to keep everything at 80% off of high bv cause I know once shipping and handling got thrown in it'd be more.

Very nice purchase!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

nice pic ups. I search COMC almost daily, looking for their new uploads for set needs for the scarce cards I'm looking for..

I was able to put together three Chronology sets (2 x 2006-07 & 1 x 2007-08) by using their site, along with a few "lots" I bought of ebay, few singles off Beckett Media & a couple trades.. Picked up most of my Elite Black Box base cards on the cheap, along with Limited 2009-10 base & legends /99..

What I like about COMC is you can buy cards & keep them on your inventory, until you are ready to ship. I currently have 8 cards waiting to be shipped. I try to combine cards to save on shipping... They are a little slow on shipping time, usually around holidays... but cards are well protected during shipping. I've had no problems with them. I just wish you can search by team, instead of only player name & product name.... I do like that you can compare prices to multiple sellers & send "offers" before you buy them.

Only missing a few cards...
Elite Black Box -
-Andrew Bogut #77 base /99
LIMITED 2009-10 ** "Legends" **
121 - Jamal Mashburn /99
144 - Walt Fraizer /99
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*