`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What card(s) would you buy with $450?

What card(s) would you buy with $450?
I just had a guy email me looking for a card that I had, basically my paypal account just jumped by $450. Now I have the horrible task of spending that on cards lol. I am considering some of these options

1. Jordan Fleer rc (probably get a 4 or 5)
or
2. Jordan auto (again cheaper one, maybe sott)
or
3. 4-5 cool Jordan cards. Either some GU with other bulls, vintage stars or older rare inserts.

or I could just buy a few modern rookies.

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself with $450 to just spend on cards to treat yourself?
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450?
1. Jordan RC
[Image: th_e6bfb599.jpg][Image: th_b9d4fa1c.jpg]

I'm more about quantity over quality, so this may not appeal to anyone but me. First, I'd try to finish off all of my current sets (outside of 2011-12 Past & Present base and the Breakout sets) through Marketplace or COMC (or a combination). Once that's taken care of, then I'd try and buy in bulk as many Pistons cards I could that I don't have, starting with the cheapest. I figure, with $450, I could probably get 200+ Pistons needs after finishing off my sets (374 set needs, though some are Rose RC). Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

id buy 2-3 nice Jordan inserts from the 90s..

[Image: arod.gif]

I would try to get a few nice rookies, but I wouldn't go for the Jordan RC in anything under a 7 (NM) grade. Now you are pretty close if you add another $50 or so to being able to get a Jordan RC with a PSA or BGS 7. The Jordan Auto is a nice idea too. Personally, I would put $100 or so toward low dollar singles on COMC to fill in some random wants and finish off some sets. Put another $100 toward $10-$25 cards on eBay and then get a nice $250 card. I might pick up a PSA7 Topps Wayne Gretzky rookie on eBay for under $300, which would be a pretty nice addition to any collection.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would probably try to pick up a lower-end MJ auto, and with any cash leftover, look for a low-numbered PC card or two since Mitch Richmond stuff and stuff of guys in Ohio State jerseys can be had pretty reasonably most of the time.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.

You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.

I love Rose but I am nervous spending high $$ on him. This is a tough injury for a player of his style. I doubt he will be as fast and he will likely not be as agressive going to the hole.

(06-05-2012, 03:00 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(06-05-2012, 04:06 PM)creativemunky Wrote: You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.
Agreed, if you want an MJ RC get one in that price range. Be patient and you can get one in that range.

I gave $570 for a BGS 8 in an older BGS slab. I then spent $5 on a reslabbing fee on my next BGS submission.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!