`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Total Disappointment

RE: Total Disappointment
(06-05-2012, 02:19 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: if prado played 2nd or ss i would say he had a chance. they generally always go for power hitters in the OF with the exception of CF.
+1 Prado as a 2B may be an All-Star in certain years but as an OF he is very ordinary
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(06-05-2012, 03:16 PM)iconms Wrote: +1 Prado as a 2B may be an All-Star in certain years but as an OF he is very ordinary
Ordinary? Anything but.

Thanks for all the replys. Like I said. I AM NOT EXPECTING HIM TO GET VOTED IN. I just can't believe he didn't even make the list and Jason Heyward is 6th That is a joke. He has a wapping 1 more HR than Prado and only 2 more RBIs. So that stat goes out the window.

I am just disappointed that he didn't even make the list. I understand not being at the top, but like these Reds fans said. He is the glue of the Braves. Just ask Chipper or McCann or any of the other stars. Yes they keep giving the title of "the next face of the Braves" to players like Francouer or Heyward, but year after year it is Prado that keeps putting up the numbers and filling in the gaps (in the lineup and on the field).

If Ichiro, and Bourn can make the list then he should be given some consideration even if he isn't voted in...he should still get more votes than Heyward.....Jason will be lucky to be around in 4 years let alone be an All-Star.

You could aways ask a Phillies fan how many HRs Prado can blast in their ball park. It seems like he hits 1 or 2 every series against them.

Oh well I can't wait to watch the "names" play for WS home field advantage. (and if you have seen that list that the AL has going....the NL should be very aware that "names" and not skill aren't going to beat those players).

We'll see how lucky we get. Perhaps Uggla will hit a home run and instead of 3 strikeouts he will only have 2.
X

(06-05-2012, 03:04 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
Right now Pujols is #5 in AL 1B voting....it's a long shot that he'll get in this year.

(06-05-2012, 06:06 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Right now Pujols is #5 in AL 1B voting....it's a long shot that he'll get in this year.
mitch moreland is beating Pujols in the votes -giggle-

and the AL needs to win this year, Rangers need to finally get home field advantage in the WS #countingeggsbeforetheyhatch
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(06-05-2012, 04:35 PM)jasonmj Wrote: Ordinary? Anything but.

Thanks for all the replys. Like I said. I AM NOT EXPECTING HIM TO GET VOTED IN. I just can't believe he didn't even make the list and Jason Heyward is 6th That is a joke. He has a wapping 1 more HR than Prado and only 2 more RBIs. So that stat goes out the window.

I am just disappointed that he didn't even make the list. I understand not being at the top, but like these Reds fans said. He is the glue of the Braves. Just ask Chipper or McCann or any of the other stars. Yes they keep giving the title of "the next face of the Braves" to players like Francouer or Heyward, but year after year it is Prado that keeps putting up the numbers and filling in the gaps (in the lineup and on the field).

If Ichiro, and Bourn can make the list then he should be given some consideration even if he isn't voted in...he should still get more votes than Heyward.....Jason will be lucky to be around in 4 years let alone be an All-Star.

You could aways ask a Phillies fan how many HRs Prado can blast in their ball park. It seems like he hits 1 or 2 every series against them.

Oh well I can't wait to watch the "names" play for WS home field advantage. (and if you have seen that list that the AL has going....the NL should be very aware that "names" and not skill aren't going to beat those players).

We'll see how lucky we get. Perhaps Uggla will hit a home run and instead of 3 strikeouts he will only have 2.
i'm thinking prado's not on the list because of how awful he was all of last season. plus, he was kinda mediocre for the first month of this season before he started heating up.
Question 
How did you get the numbers? When I tried, it gave me a 404 ERROR.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-06-2012, 12:18 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: How did you get the numbers? When I tried, it gave me a 404 ERROR.
try this link.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/artic...update0605

(06-06-2012, 01:26 PM)jasonmj Wrote: try this link.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/artic...update0605
Thanks!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-06-2012, 11:37 AM)jers86 Wrote: i'm thinking prado's not on the list because of how awful he was all of last season. plus, he was kinda mediocre for the first month of this season before he started heating up.
Aweful all of last season? I am guessing you only watched the last two months when he was playing injured because they didn't have anyone better to replace him with.

I will say his last year was average for most players, but not aweful. (perhaps by Prado standards it was, but most big league players make a decent living hitting .260+ and having great defensive abilities.)

Aweful would be Heywards .230 average with 15 total hrs and only 40 some RBIs. didn't he flirt with the mendosa line most of last year?

Thats right Chipper Jones called him out for not playing because he didn't feel 100% and yet Prado and Chipper both played dispite their injuries.

Yet Heyward still is at the top of the list for All Star voting.
X

(06-05-2012, 03:04 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
I respectfully, disagree - it's the All-STAR game, not the All-STAT game.

People going to the all star game aren't going to plop down a couple hundred bucks a ticket to see the Prados and CarGos of the world (no offense intended, of course) - they WANT to see the Jeters, Ripkens, Griffeys, etc.

The whole event is supposed to be nothing but a spectacle where the STARS get a chance to play together.

If I have any criticism it's that MLB made WS home field contingent on the winner of the event - which means that now there is some reason that you'd rather have an otherwise mediocre, no-name player having a hot season than say an aging Jeter on the team. That decision really is counter intuitive to the whole idea of an All-Star Game.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.