`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I GOT IT!!! Sweet Nolan Ryan!!

RE: I GOT IT!!! Sweet Nolan Ryan!!
Not unless it is Ventura's blood lol, Ryan laid a beat down on him. No it was from a line grive back at him.

(06-04-2012, 07:27 PM)acevanquish Wrote: Blood? Is that after he beat Robin Ventura?
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(06-05-2012, 09:09 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Not unless it is Ventura's blood lol, Ryan laid a beat down on him. No it was from a line grive back at him.
I'm well aware. I grew up as a Ryan fan. I saw the game with Ventura and went to the next game Ventura played in Pittsburgh. The whole stadium booed him each at bat. I vaguely recall Nolan with a bloody nose from the line drive, but not as much as hating Ventura.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

That is the coolest card I have seen in a long time. Good luck on the grading of that beautiful piece of cardboard!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-05-2012, 10:59 AM)acevanquish Wrote: I'm well aware. I grew up as a Ryan fan. I saw the game with Ventura and went to the next game Ventura played in Pittsburgh. The whole stadium booed him each at bat. I vaguely recall Nolan with a bloody nose from the line drive, but not as much as hating Ventura.
Nolan's nose wasn't bloody from the line-drive. It was his lower lip and chin area that was bloody.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

sweet card

(06-05-2012, 08:21 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: So you're the one that won it.
Wasn't an auction.

[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

An amazin card. Congratulations on the pickup.

(06-05-2012, 08:09 AM)acevanquish Wrote: I can only imagine if the jersey piece was from that game in the picture and it still had a spot of red (brown) on it.
That would be awesome!

Sweetest looking Ryan card I've seen I would love to see a Maddux like that with him in the Braves throw back jerseys and two nice patches that would be sweet
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-05-2012, 09:28 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Sweetest looking Ryan card I've seen I would love to see a Maddux like that with him in the Braves throw back jerseys and two nice patches that would be sweet
its part of a set, dont know whos in the set though.
Only other player ive seen is Cal Ripken.