IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas to sit out 2012-13 season

RE: Thomas to sit out 2012-13 season
i not a bruins fan and i think that Thomas is a baby and should leave for good

I have just tried multiple times to write a response to this lol. Ive ended up just going with - We dont get paid year long holidays, he shouldnt either. But thats no reason to assume its all about him, none of us know whats actually going on behind the scenes. Maybe a family member has cancer and hes kept it quiet - i know i wouldnt begrudge someone that if it was the case. But we dont know.... so..... im sure more will be written about it down the track. He still shouldnt get paid though lol. There should be like a clause Teams can action - like reduce his wages to minimum, and have minimum count towards cap or something.... or the player has to donate X% to charitable organisations, for wasting everyones time lol.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

I also think there is more to it. Tim is a very smart and the upcoming NHLPA contract situation likely has something to do with it.
For the Bruins not to be making a big deal about it, Chiarelli has a plan. Savard was not placed on LTI last year at all, 4 Million in space right there. If Horton is done, LTI for another 4 Million. The cap is increasing by 6 Million.
Rask would get the payday raise anyway, and Khodobin is on the last year at 875K.

The Bruins sit with about 17 million in cap space with those moves. Rask, Kelly, Campbell, and Pouliot to sign.
The Bruins did not ice a RC eligible player last season until the last couple of games. I expect a few more this year and look forward to an increase in the value of my Rask collection.
[Image: sigimg.jpg]

Collecting Bruins + Scottie Upshall + Shaone Morrisonn + Dan Cleary
My Traders: http://www.beckett.com/organize/users/miketaylor72#c=0

He thinks he's so important he doesn't need to honor his contractual obligations. Like said before, try doing this in your own job. Explain that you need a year long, paid vacation to be with your family and God.

See how many people respect that decision.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

i could see taking some time off but an entire year is a bit much in any case. for the amount hockey players get paid its crazy for them to have taking a year paid leave as an option. My buddies get there
legs blown off on tour and are back to work in 6 months.

BIG FRIGGIN BABY... YOUR A HOCKEY PLAYER.. (ITS A GAME!).. YOU GET PAID 6 TO 7 FIGURES A YEAR!
GROW A SET AND MAN UP OR RETIRE AND LEAVE THE GAME!

I've read a little bit on this situation, but not much. Nothing I have seen indicates that Thomas expects to be paid, or that the Bruins would have to pay him. Is that all true? What if the Bruins suspend him?
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

This is stupid. He screws over the Bruins in the financial department by not honoring his contract and screwing them in the salary cap.

The guy works his whole career to make it the NHL, finally gets there at 32-33 years old or wherever and then quits at 38.

How many of us would kill for that opportunity.

He is selfish and a disgrace. This move will prevent him from ever getting a shot at the HOF. He was on the outside before because of such a short career, but this will seal it.

Congrats on screwing yourself and your team Thomas.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

(06-05-2012, 12:03 PM)gmccarth Wrote: I've read a little bit on this situation, but not much. Nothing I have seen indicates that Thomas expects to be paid, or that the Bruins would have to pay him. Is that all true? What if the Bruins suspend him?
maybe, maybe not. there's a bunch of moving parts, but in general, they wont have to pay him the 3 million on his contract for this year - probably

however, they still take a 5 million dollar cap hit regardless, because he is over 35

Wow, he wins a cup last year and now he is dog food. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

(06-07-2012, 11:34 PM)dam1057 Wrote: Wow, he wins a cup last year and now he is dog food. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
from hero to zero with one bad move...well deserved if he sits out imo