`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help (all members can weigh in)

RE: A little help (all members can weigh in)
Honestly I would take his money, reunite him with the card. And go buy an autograph. Because well even though it has a Super Bowl design we all know what Marino never won.
Eddie George Super Collector

Is the card in "Too Good" of condition to sell?

If you want it, don't worry about it. You didn't screw up and sell it originally.

This is EXACTLY why I don't sell my cards. Just ignore him if you have too.

first off i personally would be stuck just like you but you have 71 auto's already. would one more really be that exciting and worth giving up the patch you already have? also have you seen another of this specific card?? if not then i would be hard pressed to sell it back. sympathy for the guy yeah but he chose to sell years back not you. this is a tough one. good luck man
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(06-02-2012, 05:48 PM)rgf17 Wrote: first off i personally would be stuck just like you but you have 71 auto's already. would one more really be that exciting and worth giving up the patch you already have? also have you seen another of this specific card?? if not then i would be hard pressed to sell it back. sympathy for the guy yeah but he chose to sell years back not you. this is a tough one. good luck man
The card I would trade it for, if he got it, or if the seller would sell it, I would actually do. Its the same card as this one, but its a 3 color patch with an autograph. The seller is at $200 right now, I offered the seller $160. If he accepts, I will sell the patch in a nanosecond.
I am torn as $150 is a great price. I think I finally have my answer though when talking to the wife. My main hold up is I do not want to add another card to my wantlist. Even if I can go buy another autograph and a half. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I'd keep it, I don't think the extra money you get from selling it is going to be worth the time it'll take to replace it. Besides you'll probably have a hard time getting one as nice or nicer than that one. I'd regret giving that card up more than not making $75 off it.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

well if it all worked the way you hope it does and if the one youre going after is the one i see on that OTHER SITE then go for it man. it is pretty nice itself. and the auto is clean.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

There are many factors that can play a role but imo it all depends on what the auto looks like. If the autois sweet then sell the patch bud.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

to me it all boils down to your relationship with the former owner .....

if it was a good friend in need of money due to circumstances I would sell it back to him for what you paid for it. I don't see a reason here to profit.

if it was a board member that was an "acquaintance" to make a couple of bucks off of it isn't a big deal .....

if it was just some dude and you really want to keep the card then I would probably tell him it's not FS .....

just my $.02 Canadian

$150 is a fair offer, and it would be cool to reunite it with it's original owner... BUT it's in your PC now, and the guy should not put you in that position... It's a real nice card, and to think another similar but not as good version has a $200 asking price, shows that the card is pretty hot... I agree with Zerodave about the whole Superbowl thing, but the patch is just way to nasty to give up... You have a really tough decision to make on this one... Question really is, do you want to chase down a replacement over $75??? If not, you have your answer... I am to this day am chasing a Shipley Five Star Quotable /15, that I sold way back... And it eats me up every day, not WHY I sold it, but that I REALLY want it back in my PC... But even if I remembered who I sold it to, I would never try to ask for it back... Good luck...

(06-02-2012, 05:44 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Honestly I would take his money, reunite him with the card. And go buy an autograph. Because well even though it has a Super Bowl design we all know what Marino never won.
Totally agree
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)