`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using Mint instead of the default

using Mint instead of the default
I am not sure if I need to have a declaimer like I have see with others...saying if you put your cards at mint so will I. Just to advoid BS.
I am thinking 99.99% of people doing this are not actually checking out their cards and rating them(eapecially if you have 15000+ cards in your ORG)

I actually have been making a habit of adding a card or 2 to trades so I am not obsessed with beckett value any more than Charlie Sheen is with living a moral life(yea I know that was not really that funny)...I do check my cards out and I try not to include cards I deem as worse than nrmt-mt..if it is worth sending back I probably will if not I might just send it for free in a trade(used as a decoy orjust a freebie). I think unless your card is graded people should just use the default...just my 2 cents

RE: using Mint instead of the default
this same topic was brought up in another sport forum and i jumped in and agreed with the "all cards
needed to be put at default" unless graded by a trusted 3rd party.. im at the point that if you have your cards at mint, i dont even bother trading with you. hence my sig which seems to have no affect on
recent trade offers. its greedy, plain and simple and not fair to other traders. thankyou, lol, rant over.

personally i try and avoid cards that are 'graded' as mint or when i look at doing a trade i lower the value in my mind as if it was Near Mint and go from there.

i don't have a single card graded Mint in my organize even though a lot of it probably is....i have the same thing with ebay auctions...I tend to say "Near Mint or better" even when in my opinion its probably Mint

Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

I make sure mine are all defaulted to near mint unless the person trading with me has their marked as mint, in which case to make the BV work I mark them to mint for the cards involved.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(06-01-2012, 10:32 PM)705-janveaux Wrote: this same topic was brought up in another sport forum and i jumped in and agreed with the "all cards
needed to be put at default" unless graded by a trusted 3rd party.. im at the point that if you have your cards at mint, i dont even bother trading with you. hence my sig which seems to have no affect on
recent trade offers. its greedy, plain and simple and not fair to other traders. thankyou, lol, rant over.
Frankly I don't think it matters if both parties agree on a trade.
And 3rd party gradings are priced separate anyways ( some are anyways ).

I spent enough time adding almost 70,000 cards to go through and NOW change everything to the default.

If I make a trade and the person points it out. I will adjust in the trade.

(06-02-2012, 02:43 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Frankly I don't think it matters if both parties agree on a trade.
And 3rd party gradings are priced separate anyways ( some are anyways ).

I spent enough time adding almost 70,000 cards to go through and NOW change everything to the default.

If I make a trade and the person points it out. I will adjust in the trade.
its not difficult? you highlight your entire collection from the all items, 2 clicks your done but if you do it the way your saying it would be a huge pain in the but one card at a time.

(06-02-2012, 03:17 PM)705-janveaux Wrote: its not difficult? you highlight your entire collection from the all items, 2 clicks your done but if you do it the way your saying it would be a huge pain in the but one card at a time.
If you want all of the cards as the same value, yes its no problem. But if you have vintage cards that are in there, than no, it is not easy because last time i checked, you cannot sort your org by year or name to get all the cards that are different condition up top. you have to search each one by one or type in the year one by one. its not easy.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(06-02-2012, 07:30 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: If you want all of the cards as the same value, yes its no problem. But if you have vintage cards that are in there, than no, it is not easy because last time i checked, you cannot sort your org by year or name to get all the cards that are different condition up top. you have to search each one by one or type in the year one by one. its not easy.
It must be the way mine is setup then, i got thousands of vintage but
they are under there own folder.

for example.
folder=parkhurst
collection=year of parkhurst

so all i do is go into the folder/select year and change condition
which is easy but if you dont have it setup like your "all programs" on
your computer then you would definately run into problems. mind
you if you took an hour you could setup like mine and be more efficient in the long run. just my .02

I use default because it is easier and it is probably more accurate than my humble two cent opinion.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

mind are entered as default when i enter them.... unless it is noticable and i have scans of my traders most of the time
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)