`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Greatest rookie cards ever????

RE: Greatest rookie cards ever????
(03-05-2014, 12:15 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Mine are the 1991 desert shield Chipper
Agreed on the chipper... I like the parallels and rarer brands of the early 90's/late 80's cards...

Just picked up an 87 topps tiffany Bo Jackson... The 93 topps jeter gold is one of my PC favorites.

As a kid my favorites were:
85 topps mcgwire
90 leaf frank thomas
And
91 stadium club frank thomas (they used to give this the rc denotation back in the day)

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

The 1991 Stadium Club #388 Jeff Bagwell...being an Astros fan since I was a kid...he is one of my favorite players of all time...aside from AROD of course.

[Image: front.jpg]

1954 Al Klaline!

My favorite is the '48 Bowman Stan Musial.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

Either of the 1993 Topps Derek Jeter Inagural cards (Rockies or Marlins) or both. I think they are going to his most valuable rookies after he retires. It is also his scarcest card to find for sale (graded or raw).

1952 Topps Rocky Bridges (it was my first '52) and 1971 Topps Steve Garvey (because it was always the one card of his that I could never afford when I was younger).
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

I feel the 1951 Bowman Mantle is the greatest, even though it will always play second fiddle in value to the 1952 Topps. Mine was given to me by the guy I grew up collecting with, and it is the last card I would get rid of if I ever needed/decided to move my collection for whatever reason. Interesting topic.

(06-01-2012, 06:29 PM)mnc99 Wrote: 1995 Bowman Vladimir Guerrero is a nice rookie of a great player IMO
True and his donruss preferred real gold rookie
(06-02-2012, 01:13 AM)juda7 Wrote: Two come to mind

[Image: GriffeyBGS.jpg]
[Image: pujols.jpg]
Personally that pujols is over rated for such a puny auto and 500 total produced. his bowman auto not chrome is why nicer.
MY PC IS CARDS TOP OF THE LINE CORNERS & EDGES FIRST. SECONDLY CENTERING-SURFACE FOLLOW. EVEN FOR PSA'S 7-8 ARE VIRTUALLY PERFECT CORNERS & EDGES UNDER 40X-100X MAGNIFICATION. MY MOTTO "COLLECT THE CARD, NOT THE SLAB."
http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/RHINOCOCKSAURUS/library/?sort=6&page=1

2001 missing serial number, donruss gold, lumberjacks /100

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MY PC IS CARDS TOP OF THE LINE CORNERS & EDGES FIRST. SECONDLY CENTERING-SURFACE FOLLOW. EVEN FOR PSA'S 7-8 ARE VIRTUALLY PERFECT CORNERS & EDGES UNDER 40X-100X MAGNIFICATION. MY MOTTO "COLLECT THE CARD, NOT THE SLAB."
http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/RHINOCOCKSAURUS/library/?sort=6&page=1