`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T206 Top Line Pitchers

T206 Top Line Pitchers
OK, so I decided not to get rid of everything, just most of it and my T206s are staying put.

I'm going to stay focused on the portraits for now. I've always been a fan of the pitchers in baseball, especially the pre-war guys. If you were to put together a list of the cream of the crop pitchers in the T206 set, who do you come up with? I have to scan the overall T206 list but the ones I come up with are:
-Cy Young
-Walter Johnson
-Christy Mathewson
-Mordecai Brown (maybe?)

Any other input or thoughts? As it is, since I've been selling some stuff I never thought would sell, I'm one portrait card short of having the four listed above once the Mathewson arrives in a few days.

Mel-That Rickey you sent is going to be one of the probably less than 50 modern cards I'll be holding onto.

RE: T206 Top Line Pitchers
(05-31-2012, 08:11 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: OK, so I decided not to get rid of everything, just most of it and my T206s are staying put.

I'm going to stay focused on the portraits for now. I've always been a fan of the pitchers in baseball, especially the pre-war guys. If you were to put together a list of the cream of the crop pitchers in the T206 set, who do you come up with? I have to scan the overall T206 list but the ones I come up with are:
-Cy Young
-Walter Johnson
-Christy Mathewson
-Mordecai Brown (maybe?)

Any other input or thoughts? As it is, since I've been selling some stuff I never thought would sell, I'm one portrait card short of having the four listed above once the Mathewson arrives in a few days.

Mel-That Rickey you sent is going to be one of the probably less than 50 modern cards I'll be holding onto.
HOF's - Chief Bender, Adie Joss, Rube Marquard, Rube Waddell, Ed Walsh

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Those shouldn't be too bad. I might not be remembering correctly but it seems I see all of those frequently enough.

Eddie Plank, but good luck with that one!

(05-31-2012, 10:19 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Those shouldn't be too bad. I might not be remembering correctly but it seems I see all of those frequently enough.
See 'em quite a bit on the other site.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.

(06-01-2012, 02:08 PM)beatles guy Wrote: See 'em quite a bit on the other site.
I'll probably notice them a lot more now that I'll be looking. I just picked up (currently on the way) the Matty from there and I got my Young from there as well. I'd rather sit and wait for one to pop up there than use ebay anymore. Ebay is now what I use (for my PC vintage) if I hit an impatient patch.

I have noticed, as I'm sure you have as well, that the '34 Goudey's don't pop up a whole lot over there!
(06-01-2012, 01:37 PM)bigguy219 Wrote: Eddie Plank, but good luck with that one!
Yeah, there are a couple of cards that fall in the "Yeah right buddy" category for my T206 portrait project.

Ok I have to ask...where is "over there"?

Im assuming it isn't ebay.

(06-03-2012, 05:35 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Ok I have to ask...where is "over there"?

PM sent my friend.

As for the '34 Goudeys RLE, you're right, not much to choose from lately.

(06-03-2012, 05:35 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Ok I have to ask...where is "over there"?

I was wondering this as well.