`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FAKE AUTOGRAPH on UD Black James/MJ

RE: FAKE AUTOGRAPH on UD Black James/MJ

Thanks for the info ... I guess with a black background they don't have another choice for pen colors — so is that a regular Sharpie?

Only reason I ask is that I have some Kings autos I got at appearances that were signed in Silver sharpie ... I haven't had any problems but wanted to know if I should avoid it in the future.

dang, that buyer is going to feel so stupid after he tries to get the card authenticated. Damn seller is giving a bad name to Jeremy Lin. Haha!

The only thing that would make this story better is if it got authenticated..lol

(06-01-2012, 03:10 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: The only thing that would make this story better is if it got authenticated..lol
Yeah, that's always my favorite "selling point" on bay auction — "guaranteed to pass any third-party authentication service ..."

Notice they don't actually say it's genuine, just that it would pass inspection. LOL
(06-01-2012, 11:33 AM)lyyca63 Wrote: dang, that buyer is going to feel so stupid after he tries to get the card authenticated. Damn seller is giving a bad name to Jeremy Lin. Haha!
Eh?

Seller's name is "linsanity"

(06-01-2012, 07:13 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Seller's name is "linsanity"
Thank you. And isn't that trademarked now anyway?

It probably was somewhere...but I'm guessing if you're not using it to profit it's not a violation. I could be wrong.

seller of fake MJ auto said he cancelled the transaction & he "... new it was..." (out of context)... but sounds funny!

Watch out... might show up on one of the many sports card forum... some collector is going to trade away the pride & joy of his PC cards to get a Lebron - MJ auto... only to receive a real card with a fake auto...

more likely will show up under a different user name...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(06-01-2012, 11:09 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: seller of fake MJ auto said he cancelled the transaction & he "... new it was..." (out of context)... but sounds funny!

Watch out... might show up on one of the many sports card forum... some collector is going to trade away the pride & joy of his PC cards to get a Lebron - MJ auto... only to receive a real card with a fake auto...

more likely will show up under a different user name...
The seller "Linsanity_17" already knows people are onto him about selling this fake LBJ/MJ autograph. He'll probably let time fade and sell it months from now when people forget about it & then he'll use a different picture probably blocking out the serial # 11/15, possibly sell under another ebay ID and/or redo the autograph.